Well I think that's just made my mind up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiealice

Reaction score
I'm new here I've not even said hello so apologies for just launching in with a problem!

I've just (today) walked out of my job...it wasn't working out, been there 3 months and basically they changed my job role via email on Friday, no discussion, nothing. From going from looking after large customer accounts I was basically told I was to answer the phones and do 'general admin' no chance not without at least an explanation. I think they wanted me out as they are struggling with the wage bill. So...

I had been seriously thinking about going part time and going on the Kim lawless waxing course and building up a mobile waxing business, I have 2 small children and want to be more flexible although I'm under no illusion that it won't be very hard work to get it off the ground. The problem is I'm not booked in and when I called on Friday it was April before I could go on the course. Oops, it's going to be a long few months!! Wish me luck, haven't broken the news to my husband yet!

Good luck!

I have waxed for years but did intimate with Kim last November and it was great - worth the wait!

Vicki x

I'm new here I've not even said hello so apologies for just launching in with a problem!

I've just (today) walked out of my job...it wasn't working out, been there 3 months and basically they changed my job role via email on Friday, no discussion, nothing. From going from looking after large customer accounts I was basically told I was to answer the phones and do 'general admin' no chance not without at least an explanation. I think they wanted me out as they are struggling with the wage bill. So...

I had been seriously thinking about going part time and going on the Kim lawless waxing course and building up a mobile waxing business, I have 2 small children and want to be more flexible although I'm under no illusion that it won't be very hard work to get it off the ground. The problem is I'm not booked in and when I called on Friday it was April before I could go on the course. Oops, it's going to be a long few months!! Wish me luck, haven't broken the news to my husband yet!

You should ring Caroline and ask to be put on the list in case anyone cancels. Good luck.

WOW!
Good luck! I know its such a big step but you will be 100% happier in the long run x

I'm going to ring in the morning and book on the course. I am actually qualified but last worked as a therapist at 21 (I'm 30) so I'd need to do the speed waxing to get back into it. I'm quite excited apart from the fear of being skint. Husband took it surprisingly well!

Forgot to say thanks for the good luck wishes :)

I'm booked on in Edinburgh 9th & 10th April 😊 any one else doing these dates??

Im doing the 9th and 10th :)

Will see you there! I'm coming from Boldon just seen your Newcastle! :)

Brill, im nervous about getting my lip waxed but fine about everything else lol. Where abouts are you staying? xxx

I haven't booked anywhere yet as only booked course yesterday, what about you? I'm nervous about it all haha!

I've booked the Premier inn for 3 nights, theyve got saver rooms so it only cost £105 xx

I trained yesterday it was great fun, they do get cancellations some times as I got a cancellation spot for my intimate course. Well worth calling to check

X

Thanks hazel eyes I can't wait :) dudeymel have pm'd you x

Just wanted to wish you luck! I was in a very similar situation myself & finally decided that I had had enough. So I quit my job & now run my own tax business for the beauty industry.

For the first month or two, I would wake up at 3am & wonder what on earth I'd done!:-S But it honestly is worth it! I absolutely love being my own boss & telling everyone who will listen about my business :)

So stick with it & you won't regret it. I had a few people along the way who were not terribly supportive but I just put it down to them being jealous that they haven't had the b*lls to get out of a job that makes them miserable!

Good luck!! x

Thanks salon tax hope its going well for you! :)

Just wanted to update this for anyone thinking of setting up on their own, opened my waxing salon on Tuesday, had my first Saturday today obviously and been fully booked! Loved it and was very happy with my takings, beamed all the way home! A long way to go to break even due to set up costs etc but I'm so glad I've taken the plunge!! Just hope it continues (crosses fingers!)

Latest posts

Back