Wella 22/0 and 10/1 to make a slate grey (edited)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything seems to be better in the US.

My mum went wholesalers for me earlier as she was passing, she got colour touch 8/81 cause they had no 7/81 ... What will this turn out like? I don't mind it being a bit lighter but I don't want it to look like silver hair. I want grey.

If it's a lightish grey that would be fine cause when the dark roots come through it will look better. Should I just order the 7/81 offline?

Colour touch don't have 7/81 thats illumina, ct is 7/89. The 8/81 is quite a pale-ish grey tbh

Oh no wonder they didnt have it then.
I used the illumina 7/81 when I still had orange tones in my hair and it wasn't any good. I'll just use the 8/81 CT.

What is the 7/89 shade in wella?? Or??

Some of the wella koleston and color touch shades.

Not really sure other than that, but I stick with wella and redken shades eq to supplement.

Another way to make a realky dark gray might be to use a clear demi with a blue black acting as a mixtone. I think that can be done with loreal but thats completely outside my wheelhouse.

I'm going to try to achieve a very dark level 5 gray with seq 6t and 1b on prelightened hair in a couple of weeks. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

Please do, Tsparker.

Have you ever heard of 0/22 and 10/1 to make a grey? (Wella)

Oh no wonder they didnt have it then.
I used the illumina 7/81 when I still had orange tones in my hair and it wasn't any good. I'll just use the 8/81 CT.

I really can't understand why... I've never had a problem with it. You purchased it off ebay didn't you? That may have been the problem.

Or your hair really wasn't light enough for a 7.

I use 7/81 to neutralise orange without fail. And also you'd be putting the 7/81 on a level 10 not a 7 so there'd be a massive difference.

Cam youre prob right ya know. Even some of the tubes of colour ive bought off ebay have had foreign writing on. I only buy them off there for convenience, would never use them on a paying client though.
When the 7/81 was on my head it was almost like a plum colour, which I thought was odd. It didnt really make any sense because blue and ash together dont make those sorts of colours.

Little update on the 8/81 ... I used a pale violet toner from 'Quif' called Blast creative colour white lightening, looks exactly like fudge whiter shade of pale. Took all yellow from my hair. Then applied the 8/81 and it does what it says on the tin (tube), its a nice light ashy blonde/silver/grey. Not sure I like it on me though.
But its a clean nice blonde. Id defo recommend this to other people.

You got a picture?

Cam youre prob right ya know. Even some of the tubes of colour ive bought off ebay have had foreign writing on. I only buy them off there for convenience, would never use them on a paying client though.
When the 7/81 was on my head it was almost like a plum colour, which I thought was odd. It didnt really make any sense because blue and ash together dont make those sorts of colours.

Little update on the 8/81 ... I used a pale violet toner from 'Quif' called Blast creative colour white lightening, looks exactly like fudge whiter shade of pale. Took all yellow from my hair. Then applied the 8/81 and it does what it says on the tin (tube), its a nice light ashy blonde/silver/grey. Not sure I like it on me though.
But its a clean nice blonde. Id defo recommend this to other people.

Plum yikes! Illumina usually looks lilac when its on i find but not plum.

Be careful buying stuff off ebay!

Is the 8/81 not as dark as you wished?

Lauren maybe when ive got a bit more used to it and some roots have come through lol.

My hair is just ruined, but I havent just bleached from my natural depth to pale yellow ive bleached then tinted then bleached then tinted.

The 8/81 is too light. It's like a silvery/ashy colour. Its actually a nice colour, just not for me. I think you need to have relatively medium/thick hair to have these sorts of colours so there's more hair to reflect light which makes the hair just look better.

I don't half go on.

Lauren maybe when ive got a bit more used to it and some roots have come through lol.

My hair is just ruined, but I havent just bleached from my natural depth to pale yellow ive bleached then tinted then bleached then tinted.

The 8/81 is too light. It's like a silvery/ashy colour. Its actually a nice colour, just not for me. I think you need to have relatively medium/thick hair to have these sorts of colours so there's more hair to reflect light which makes the hair just look better.

I don't half go on.

Yeah I agree, when your hairs lighter it can sometimes make it look finer/thinner.

8/81 is a nice colour, i just knew it wouldn't be dark enough for what you wanted, but now you've got a silver base to work on your grey will be even more intense and cool.

No its nice to read a longer message rather than a confusing few word reply!

It's always hard doing your own hair I never seem happy even tho I've got close to what colour I wanted to be!

Cams have u tried 10/69 with dash of 6/16?

Wella rep said about the colour im going to try it, do use ever use 1.9 with illumina or just pastel to tone?

Pastel. Theres no point to use 1.9% when you have pastel. I'll only use 1.9% if i'm out of pastel.

ShadesEQ is so hard to get hold of over here[emoji17] I really want to try it

Shades EQ is amazing there Titanium shades are fantastic I wish it was readily available over her :(

Latest posts

Back