Wella 22/0 and 10/1 to make a slate grey (edited)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 10/69 and 6/16 for grey?

Lauren I actually like this colour, just not on me. Every single colour I put on my hair I hate how much orange it shows, nothing ever seems to cover it. But because i've bleached and toned all orange and yellow out the colour is so clean. It's nice to see my hair work as it should for once lol.

Now I want to go back darker, I hate having light hair.

I want a nice ashy brown, either level 7 or 8.

What would anyone suggest? Should I pre pig first? Just because it's so light. It looks like a 12.

And in future because I want to see no orange in my hair should I bleach all orange tones out then apply a colour, or should I just use 12% with tint to get to a level 8 (im like a natural level 4 or 5) very resistant hair.
Once i've sorted this heap of straw out ill stop going on about my hair all the time lol.

Ive done this exact mix (Wella Koleston 10/0 and a touch of 22/0 depending on how grey you want it, with the pastel developer) and this is what i got. Was really surprised how it came out as her hair was more orange than yellow to start with but it worked :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 540
Ive done this exact mix (Wella Koleston 10/0 and a touch of 22/0 depending on how grey you want it, with the pastel developer) and this is what i got. Was really surprised how it came out as her hair was more orange than yellow to start with but it worked :)

That colour is gorgeous. That is exactly what I would have liked.
So why did you use 10/0 over 10/1?

I thought the /1 would have been an important part of the mixture with it being ash.

To be honest.. I dont know! It was recommended to me. I can only imagine its because its slightly softer using just a natural base, especially as your pastelising it. 10/1 might be a bit too ashy or dark?

That grey is the bomb!

It's gorgeous Joanne.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1440412144.072351.jpg
i used equal parts 10/0, 10/1 and 2cm 22/0 with pastel developer and it's a gorgeous silver/blue colour will be playing about with more silver formulas! X

That's nice but when I made this thread I was looking for more of a slate grey, hence the formula in the thread title.
But thats lovely as far as silvers go x

You tried the affinage gothic series

I used the colour fresh 5/19 on clean blonde hair to go grey, was a little dark at first but after one wash it was perfect

Joshuwaah have you a photo?

I got a redken shades EQ on ebay in 07t - I loved the colour but i found it faded really green and then i had a hard time getting another grey over the top of it without lifting it out again. x

This is th 07t

Attachments

• Photo on 12-07-2015 at 11.13.jpg
    Photo on 12-07-2015 at 11.13.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 274
The t shades in redken are blue based aren't they? If it faded green, it was probably because the yellow hadn't been nuetralized. Or maybe it was the product off ebay?

Hiya I'm wanting to use this toner on my own hair and I'm searching for the correct ratio to use. As I don't want to put too much of the 22/0 in and it go more dark than grey. But the greyer the better I just don't want the depth any advice would be fab! Thanks guys x

I actually did a similar formula on my hair the other day. I used 10/16 + 22/0 with pastel developer. Worked a treat. It's more dove grey than slate.

This grey is gorgeous...what formula ratio did you use?x

In case anyone is looking for a good formula, I used 30g 10/1 to 2cm 22/0 and it turned a lovely slate grey. Used this with pastel developer x

This grey is gorgeous...what formula ratio did you use?x
Sorry for late reply.. i cant remember exact but i think it was literally just a dash of grey (about a pea sized amount!) as i was too scared to use much incase it went too dark! X

What was the ratio u used please?

Latest posts

Back