Wella CT 55/05 to Cheryl Cole

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Hiya, Need some help please!
A client I do has wella colour touch plus 55/05 on her hair at the moment but has just text me to say she wants a colour like Cheryl Coles new colour. She is naturally base 4-5, used to do bleach highlights up until about 3 months ago so don't really want to use too high a peroxide to get the lift for the red. Also I might need to put some base in the colour as her old blonde keeps creeping through in places.
Any advise please guys? I'm willing to try a different brand of colour as will be trimming her hair next week and can do a skin test
Ta in advance :)

I was watching cheryl tonight on piers morgan, I think she has the red through the top more rather than all over becuse when she turned her head, there was a brown running through underneath and im sure I could see small variations in the colour too when the light was shining, I dont use wella I use loreal. I too would love to know what others would do to make up this colour and what combinations they would use as I cant off the top of my head with no chart look up exactly what I would do, I may have a look tomorrow and decide, obviousely as you have said above it would depend on what base you were working with and what was on there before. I can see there being a massive amount of people wanting red this winter! x

Yeah exactly, we all need to be prepared for the Cheryl cole requests now. I'm even thinking of that colour for myself lol
Xx

I was watching cheryl tonight on piers morgan, I think she has the red through the top more rather than all over becuse when she turned her head, there was a brown running through underneath and im sure I could see small variations in the colour too when the light was shining

Looks like a rubbish DIY job to me.

If your client is a 5 you could just go in with a red on a 5 base with 3%. Any higher in peroxide and the colour won't stick. The lower, the better with reds.

As she has bleached highlights underneath, you are a bit stuck. Otherwise, I would have suggested a mild strip.

Thanks, i will just have to keep applying i think until it stays put! Is there a brand of colour you would suggest? I have always worked with Wella and there isnt really a colour as far as i can see that is similar and that i know will last a fair amount of time (from experience i have found that Wella reds dont last half as long as they are meant to, in theory) has
anyone used loreal reds? or any other brand that have lasted well?
x

haha I had a few text msgs last night asking for Cheryls new colour, I'll be keeping an eye on this post!
It looks very similar to Matrix 5VR/5RV???...(thats from memory, i dont hav a shade chart in front of me) but only in the light, then when she isnt under the bright lights it seems more flat, so mixed with some base?
Pika let me know what you end up doing :)
xox

Looks like a rubbish DIY job to me.

i did read somewhere that she used a loreal home dye kit, tbh the colour looks pretty un-even to me, as another poster has said, there are browns and reds in there. I do like the warmth in her hair though :)

Ive had a phone call today looking for it too....

The woman says she has "as dark brown hair you can get before black" so i said i might need to bleach it up first but shes coming to see me.

I was thinking of some kind of /4 or/5 colour for it, but im trying to find it on google images to no avail!

Yea I read that aswel, gonna have to take a trip to the wholesalers and have a look at different colour charts I think x

Ive had a phone call today looking for it too....

The woman says she has "as dark brown hair you can get before black" so i said i might need to bleach it up first but shes coming to see me.

I was thinking of some kind of /4 or/5 colour for it, but im trying to find it on google images to no avail!

kimi, if you cant find any online then shes all over the latest OK mag :)

In loreal reds, I think it looks along the lines of 5.6, 5.62 and 5.65, I think I would use quiet alot of 5.62, obviously this is pretty basic because it depends on the colour contrast you have set on the tv, and what lighting and touch ups they are using in the pics of her. I think i would ask the client to print off or bring in a pic because there was huge variation even on x factor, e.g when she was performing it looked bright red, when she was walking off back stage it looked more warm brown. I had a girl who working int he local cafe today asking if I could do it for her, Id love to hear what someone actualy did, if she rings me and is seriouse about wanting it done ill post pics up, shes a base 4/5 at the mo x

oh great thank you. off i pop to the shops.

ive just done a ladies hair today who was quite dark purple with tiny regrowth . I bleach bathed the ends because they were almost black with build up. then applied 5.6 on the regrowth and 6.66 and Magenta Red on the mid lengths and ends. turned out a really nice red colour abit like 5.62

Zebra cake...wot base was her regrowth? X

Sorry forgot that bit ,was around a base 5 no grey

hey geeks, is this a semi too????
xox

I don't believe for a second she diy'd it, sounds like a L'oreal adverting scheme 2 me :p

I agree with you there lisa82... with her hair extensions too it would have turned out more wishy washy!
xox

Latest posts

Back