Wella geeks, brain not engaging!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
I have a client wanting to go from 44/07 to this....help!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359992718.175920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359992718.175920.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3,426
whats the condition of her hair like? how long has she been having 44/07? has it got loads of build up of colour? i'd definately test piece it first, to see if its strong enough to handle the bleaching,

say its in perfect etc i'd lift it in back to back foils using 2 different strengths (so the end result is really multi tonal) and then expecting the hair to be yellowy/ginger i'd cover using colour touch 8/0 maybe a touch of 8/7,

xxxxx

She has 44/07 every 3 months or so, she's a nightmare to get booked in! But her hair is in great condition, no previous bleaching x

i would do test first , then if hair is ok , i would do a cleanse do midlengths and ends first as this is where the buildup is, when you feel its about half way to the depth you require rinse off then reapply but put straight through, i tend to leave cleanse on for 30 mins per application , and depending on strength of hair to how many times i put on, you can do cleanse upto 3 times. i would then do a protein treatment ( i use cat in redken) then i would dry off , your looking to avchieve an orange tone . I would then do 8/0 with 0/88 mixtone with 6% and do balyage with lightener of 10 vol. but to be honest i would recommend your client to come back in two weeks time for lights to give hair a break, as she doesnt want to take her hair home in a bag ;-). when she comes back paint lightener on with 10 vol ( low and slow ) and then tone with 9/71 pastel xx

post us a pic after u've done it :lol: and let us know which method u decide to go with

xxxx

She's booked in on Monday evening, think I'm going to do the back to back foils and colour over after. Will post before and after pics when it's done. Thanks for the help xxx

If u do back to back foils then what abt the root colour that will be missed out? Whats her natural base

Natural base is 5 :) xx

if her re-growth is quite extensive try a weaker bleach solution on the root area, even though its a base 5 it'll lift quicker than the tinted area,

just an added thought :wink2:

good luck, cant wait to see the before and ater pics xx

Latest posts

Back