Wella geeks-toner formulas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
So browsing youtube I came across this from Sassoon. If you watch all the way through, the colorist says some really interesting things about using wella to tone. Really want to know what my fellow geeks think of the theory he advances!

http://youtu.be/a9KdzjJw0Dc

Sent from my S
AMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Which theory? That adding base gives more control over the toning? Or about deeper colours adding weight? Or when he spoke about her skin tone? He said so much its hard to tell what you're talking about😂

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The base for controlling tonal deposit and adding longevity.

I've been doing this a fair bit recently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The base for controlling tonal deposit and adding longevity.

I've been doing this a fair bit recently.

I agree! I think it does. Not sure about longevity though.

Sorry if this is lame. But it really excited me. When I was in school we used clairol professional toners or fanciful rinse. Lol.

Its been a while!

I agree! I think it does. Not sure about longevity though.

I have noticed more longevity when I add 9/ to 9/60. Obviously it allows more time for application, but I think the longer processing time anecdotally increases "wear" of the toner.

I usually tone my retouches and gloss the mids and ends now because the color is still there.

And btw cams, how dare you ask me to explain myself! Soo rude! Cheeky devil! :D

Well yeah the longer you leave a toner on the deeper it'll penetrate into the cortex thus longer lasting colour, so yeah i stand corrected. Essentially it would provide longevity!

Oh gosh sorry i forgot! God forbid😂 so disrespectful of me

Latest posts

Back