SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joevandish

Reaction score
Good evening all,

Hope the quarantine isn't getting you down too much :/

I have a question about olaplex used with wella colour touch. I pre-lightened my hair today to a pale blonde and tried using a formula provided by a member here ... But weirdly the toner didn't really take- I mean, it took, but nothing in comparison to the strand test I did last week.

I left it in for up to 30 minutes, and while it did a good job of neutralising the remaining yellow tones it simply didn't see develop in to the same depth my strand test did. I'm wondering if this could be because of the olaplex? I literally used 1ml as per their instructions..

It's not a major deal, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with CT?

For info, I was using a 50/50 ratio of colour (10/6 + 8/71) with their 6vol developer + 1ml of olaplex 1. The idea was to achieve a darkish ash blond with a little warmth.

I've attached a pic below. Please excuse my ghastly face :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

John

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200418-221545.png
    Screenshot_20200418-221545.png
    606 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Good evening all,

Hope the quarantine isn't getting you down too much :/

I have a question about olaplex used with wella colour touch. I pre-lightened my hair today to a pale blonde and tried using a formula provided by a member here ... But weirdly the toner didn't really take- I mean, it took, but nothing in comparison to the strand test I did last week. I left it in for up to 30 minutes, and while it did a good job of neutralising the remaining yellow tones it simply didn't see develop in to the same depth my strand test did.

It's not a major deal, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with CT?

For info, I was using a 50/50 ratio of colour (10/6 + 8/71) with their 6vol developer. The idea was to achieve a darkish ash blond with a little warmth.

I've attached a pic below. Please excuse my ghastly face :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

John
Hmmm... Did you apply it to dry, towel dried or wet hair? And did you condition before applying the toner?

Hi Ronray! Thanks so much for the formula.. the strand test pulled a very nice 'fawny bronde'. Exactly what I wanted :)

I applied the CT on towel dried hair after having shampooed the bleach out with a violet shampoo to equalise the tone a little.
I'm used to CT developing quite quickly and being very grabby. That said, even after 30 mins it still hasn't reached quite the right shade.

To be honest, I never usually add olaplex to my CT , I don't even know why I bothered today really :/

I'll probably go ahead with another round of toning tomorrow , but perhaps add a bit less of the 10/6?

Thanks for your reply!

John

Hi Ronray! Thanks so much for the formula.. the strand test pulled a very nice 'fawny bronde'. Exactly what I wanted :)

I applied the CT on towel dried hair after having shampooed the bleach out with a violet shampoo to equalise the tone a little.
I'm used to CT developing quite quickly and being very grabby. That said, even after 30 mins it still hasn't reached quite the right shade.

To be honest, I never usually add olaplex to my CT , I don't even know why I bothered today really :/

I'll probably go ahead with another round of toning tomorrow , but perhaps add a bit less of the 10/6?

Thanks for your reply!

John
Yes I've never really had a problem with Olaplex in a toning formula to be honest. Maybe try 2 part 8/71 + 1part 10/6. You can even apply the formula to dry hair, for a more saturated look, but I do find this tends to leave you with a slightly flatter end result.

Latest posts

Back