Wella high lift tint skin test query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
As a rule when skin testing with wella I have always used darkest shade and 6% regardless of what shade I would be colouring there hair. My Insurance company has a new policy that you must skin test with whatever shade you would be using on the day of colouring. So if you were doing a regrowth with a high lift tint and 12% would you skin test with high lift and double 12%??? This might seem really dumb but I have never skin tested high lift before and wella guidelines are to always skin test with peroxide.

As a rule when skin testing with wella I have always used darkest shade and 6% regardless of what shade I would be colouring there hair. My Insurance company has a new policy that you must skin test with whatever shade you would be using on the day of colouring. So if you were doing a regrowth with a high lift tint and 12% would you skin test with high lift and double 12%??? This might seem really dumb but I have never skin tested high lift before and wella guidelines are to always skin test with peroxide.

Yer that's right I find if you weigh things it's easier to do tiny amounts

I was told at college to only test with the shade you will use so you don't expose the client to excess ppd so thats what I have always done

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Thanks for replying hun much appreciated.x

I've also heard people say you skin test without using peroxide and only put the tint on the skin.

Is this true guys. :confused:

I've also heard people say you skin test without using peroxide and only put the tint on the skin.

It can be - depends on the manufacturers instructions.

Last night we tested Matrix without peroxide. But Wella and Clynol (also in the college salon) needed peroxide.

does anyone use the transfers like colourstart?

You don't need the peroxide of loreal like majirel ;).

I test with peroxide and 1.0 regardless. Someone may be ok with a patch of 9.0, but the amount of ppd touching the scalp in a global application may be too much to handle and cause a reaction xoxo

I test with peroxide and 1.0 regardless. Someone may be ok with a patch of 9.0, but the amount of ppd touching the scalp in a global application may be too much to handle and cause a reaction xoxo

So true. I never thought of it like that. Doh !!

:eek:

Latest posts

Back