wella high lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily smith

Reaction score
I've got a new client that wants a full head colour doing, it looks like a high lift she has been having. I suggested wella 12/0. Would it be best to use it with 9% or 12%? She's about 5 or 6 naturally with some grey. Thanks xx

you need to look at the coulour it already is!
that will show what degree of lift you want.
i find 12/0 is quite gold with just 9% even with 12/1 x

I've got a new client that wants a full head colour doing, it looks like a high lift she has been having. I suggested wella 12/0. Would it be best to use it with 9% or 12%? She's about 5 or 6 naturally with some grey. Thanks xx

if she is a base of 5 or 6 i would use 12% with 12.1 wella ( wella suggest using 12% with maximum lift on their highlifts) 5 or 6 she is gonna have quite a bit of orange undertones even though this base can look quite ashy its usually hiding quite and orange under tone...so i would for 12.1 even 12.11 but do test pieces...even the 12.1 on a natural base 5/6 can look quite glowy on the roots

The colour she has on her hair at the minute is quite yellowy anyway and she says she is happy with her colour that's why i suggested 12/0. So you guys think a 12/1 would be better with 12%. Do you think if i use 12/0 and then used a purple toner that that would be ok? Thanks for all your help, it's hard when you're on your own and don't have any colleagues for back up!

The colour she has on her hair at the minute is quite yellowy anyway and she says she is happy with her colour that's why i suggested 12/0. So you guys think a 12/1 would be better with 12%. Do you think if i use 12/0 and then used a purple toner that that would be ok? Thanks for all your help, it's hard when you're on your own and don't have any colleagues for back up!

Hi lily , :) why not take the guess work out of it all and do some test pieces with 12/1 or even a 12/11 and both peroxide strengths ....

I too would go for the 21/1 as suggested with 12%
especially if she quite likes some yellowy tones

if she has only a few greys .... and she wanted to get rid of a lot of the yellowy tones then use the 12/11 with 12%

Mine is a base 5 to 6 and I use 12/11 on mine with 12%
leaving the finer bits of the hairline till last ....

don't get scared if it looks an ash blue on the head .....

I love this 12/11 with 12% on my hair especially when its just done but as with all highlight tints the ash tone can fade pretty fast still revealing those yellowy tones

As Joanne says test pieces first all the way :)

Ps... don't forget developer is double the quantity for the high lift range :)

hth minky

Latest posts

Back