Wella highlift help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailskay

Reaction score
Soo I'm not the most confident when it comes to using highlights as an all over colour and my client who usually has highlights has requested an all over bright blonde colour with highlights.we recently chopped her hair off short and she's a natural 7 possibly a 6 through the back,I was thinking of using 12/16 12% but other suggestions are much appreciated,here's a pic of her hair not the best pic regarding colour,
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449222209.727709.jpg
is a 12 the best to go for all over or would an illumina 10 be ok I've not done all over blonde tints as majority have highlights or scalp bleach or dark ha x

12/81, 12/89 or 10/69 would all be good to use. Your doing highlights too right?

I wouldn't touch it with a /16 it'll still be orange from my experience. If using a highlift I'd definitely use special mix though! And with the 10/69 i'd use a few cm 7/81.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449225849.016482.jpg

This is 12/81 with 0/81 and 0/28 with 12% on a very warm base 6. At the very root where its slightly darker/cooler.

Ok great thankyou she's got a thick white piece right at the front,will this go blue ha if I apply onto grey?found a pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449228469.052169.jpg
i usually use 99/0 in foil on this area.was thinking just prelightener in foils and maybe another tone an 8maybe?x

Soo I'm not the most confident when it comes to using highlights as an all over colour and my client who usually has highlights has requested an all over bright blonde colour with highlights.we recently chopped her hair off short and she's a natural 7 possibly a 6 through the back,I was thinking of using 12/16 12% but other suggestions are much appreciated,here's a pic of her hair not the best pic regarding colour,View attachment 192637 is a 12 the best to go for all over or would an illumina 10 be ok I've not done all over blonde tints as majority have highlights or scalp bleach or dark ha x
I I would use Olaplex with anything you choose to keep the hairs integrity.

I'd go with prelightener. Less regrowth that way.

I would use Olaplex in whatever you choose to help maintain the integrity of the hair.

You can order it from Olaplex.com.

Are you foiling and using highlift inbetween? X

Yes I was going to foil then flood Inbetween the highlift x

Yes I was going to foil then flood Inbetween the highlift x
Would you not just full head bleach and tone? I just find full head bleach can be a little root glowy

Would you not just full head bleach and tone? I just find full head bleach can be a little root glowy

The op isn't after a solid blonde look.

Thought so. I'd go with the 10/69 then!
And you said to add a little 7/81 into the 10/69?is this using 9 or 12%sorry I've never used 12% on scalp apart from with a 12 range xx

And you said to add a little 7/81 into the 10/69?is this using 9 or 12%sorry I've never used 12% on scalp apart from with a 12 range xx

Yeah 7/81 and 12% xx

Yeah 7/81 and 12% xx
Sorry having a moment course 12% to give me the 3 levels lift and that'll be ok on her grey(white)at very front section or should I stick to 99/0 for that piece X thanks so much for advice x

Sorry having a moment course 12% to give me the 3 levels lift and that'll be ok on her grey(white)at very front section or should I stick to 99/0 for that piece X thanks so much for advice x

To keep it really blonde around the face i'd do baby lights on the hairline and 8/ + 9/ with pastel inbetween the baby lights, then your 10/69 on the rest inbetween the foils x

To keep it really blonde around the face i'd do baby lights on the hairline and 8/ + 9/ with pastel inbetween the baby lights, then your 10/69 on the rest inbetween the foils x
Ok great thankyou so much I've only really used a few illumina products in highlights so very excited about this colour on Monday I'll post a pic x

Ok great thankyou so much I've only really used a few illumina products in highlights so very excited about this colour on Monday I'll post a pic x

Make sure you develop the 10/69 for the full 55 minutes x

Latest posts

Back