Wella Illumina 7 and 10 for ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBea

Reaction score
Hello geeks

I am a professional (in training to get my full diploma).

A friend would like me to do her hair with the 7 and the 10 wella illumina in an ombre style. The 7 as a base and the 10 coming through to the ends. She researched these colours herself and has chose them herself and would just like me to do it for her. It will be great practise for me and I am always up for a challenge. She is a base 8/9 from nice and easy box dyes but with the root growth of a 5. Her hair is not in the healthiest condition but iv recently been doing some deep treatments on her hair to prepare for the colour etc and the elasticity is fine. I have also given it a good cut last week so its getting there. She had also been using heat with no heat protection so as soon as I stepped in to help her with her hair, I was honest and told her we needed to get it in good condition, a good cut and that she needed to start looking at after it properly... I am a bit of a tough love person but it works well and she was so determained to get her hair healthy thats shes totally changed her attitude :)

My questions are...

Has anyone got actual pictures on the 7 and the 10 that I can have a nosey at? As I want to make sure the two colours will look lovely together. My first thought was obviously that it wouldnt be a drastic ombre change in colour but this is what the client has chosen and she likes them.... she admits she is scared of going any darker on the top and she is only 17 so I dont want to do a dramatic change to her anyways as she is set in her style etc etc etc

I was also going to ask if you could link me to an ombre thread... I know there must be a good one on here so.ewhere :) I would just like to read some hints and tips before I jump right ahead and get started.

Thank you for any advice and links
Xox

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you apply a flat 7 over blonde hair it's likely to go green x

Thank you for the responce,
What would you recommend to get blonde to a 7?
Xox

Pre pig with gold x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either pre pig as suggested above, or use a very warm level 7 instead of a flat base x

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate the advice :) x

Latest posts

Back