Wella Koleston/Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jane48

Reaction score
Hi wondered if anyone can advise,my client as a brunette balayage and is a level 5 root and I've balayage to a level 7- 8 mid length and ends..she as quite alot of Grey's and wanted a more permanent root so I used a koleston 5/1 but this ended up too muddy and dark and we ended up in lockdown so been unable to fix it.she now wants more dark adding/ a reverse balayage and it to be permanent and it all matching in to the dark ash brunette root smudge.any suggestions what to use in the wella permanent range that is still ashy level 5 brunette but can also be used on the lifted balayage without it looking black and muddy. thanks

Hi wondered if anyone can advise,my client as a brunette balayage and is a level 5 root and I've balayage to a level 7- 8 mid length and ends..she as quite alot of Grey's and wanted a more permanent root so I used a koleston 5/1 but this ended up too muddy and dark and we ended up in lockdown so been unable to fix it.she now wants more dark adding/ a reverse balayage and it to be permanent and it all matching in to the dark ash brunette root smudge.any suggestions what to use in the wella permanent range that is still ashy level 5 brunette but can also be used on the lifted balayage without it looking black and muddy. thanks
You need to educate the client. Anything that goes over prelightened hair isn't essentially permanent - it will always fade off.
But I feel like illumina might be a good option.
6/16 would leave you with a nice natural cool result.
If you wanted a bit more ash then I'd use 6/16+. 5/81 on the root and then use 6/16 +5/ for the mid lengths and ends.

You need to educate the client. Anything that goes over prelightened hair isn't essentially permanent - it will always fade off.
But I feel like illumina might be a good option.
6/16 would leave you with a nice natural cool result.
If you wanted a bit more ash then I'd use 6/16+. 5/81 on the root and then use 6/16 +5/ for the mid lengths and ends.
But for the roots I'd use 4% or 6% and for the lengths either 3% or 1.9% - because you don't need lift or grey coverage you only need the colour to deposit.

Hi thank you for your advice.no her hair is a natural level 5 and only lightened /balayage the mid length and ends .I used wella c/t on the lifted hair in a 7/97 and 9/97 I think as she wanted a mushroom ash blonde colour..and then used a koleston 5/1 on the root as alot of grey.it ended up very flat and too dark and muddy.so I will try (when I can ) and use what you have suggested,she now stating she next wants a more caramel tone on her balayage as obviously now as faded.what is yours / others preferred wella colour touch mixes for a nice caramel but obviously still with a dark ash based root smudge .thanks for the great advice

Hi thank you for your advice.no her hair is a natural level 5 and only lightened /balayage the mid length and ends .I used wella c/t on the lifted hair in a 7/97 and 9/97 I think as she wanted a mushroom ash blonde colour..and then used a koleston 5/1 on the root as alot of grey.it ended up very flat and too dark and muddy.so I will try (when I can ) and use what you have suggested,she now stating she next wants a more caramel tone on her balayage as obviously now as faded.what is yours / others preferred wella colour touch mixes for a nice caramel but obviously still with a dark ash based root smudge .thanks for the great advice
So for the root and darker pieces still stick with what I said above. But as for the caramel it depends of you're looking for warm or cool?
Warm I'd say maybe colour touch 7/73 cooler I'd go with colour touch 7/7 + 9/16

Latest posts

Back