Wella Koleston mixing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zpatterson

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client wanting light ginger colour to her hair which is currently a medium blonde.

She has chosen the Koleston 7/4 and I've suggest that we mix it with 8/34 as I think it will grab really well on her hair and go very bright orange.

What ratio would you suggest for the mix? 1/2oz of each colour or 1/4 : 3/4? If the latter would you use more of 7/4 or 8/34?

Just want to make sure I get this right as she's a good friend and is very precious with her hair!

Is her naturally medium blonde?

Is her naturally medium blonde?
Sorry, should have said that! No she's had it lightened using a box dye. Her hair is naturally a very dark blonde.

Hi,

I have a client wanting light ginger colour to her hair which is currently a medium blonde.

She has chosen the Koleston 7/4 and I've suggest that we mix it with 8/34 as I think it will grab really well on her hair and go very bright orange.

What ratio would you suggest for the mix? 1/2oz of each colour or 1/4 : 3/4? If the latter would you use more of 7/4 or 8/34?

Just want to make sure I get this right as she's a good friend and is very precious with her hair!
Does she have any grey? Otherwise I would do all color touch?

How much regrowth does she have?

Does she have any grey? Otherwise I would do all color touch?
No grey at all. Haven't used the colour touch . Would you use the same mix?

You could probably use equal parts 8/43 and 8/0 that way you get that light ginger color. But use 2 things developer

You could probably use equal parts 8/43 and 8/0 that way you get that light ginger color. But use 2 things developer
Oh ok, great! Will look into those :) Thanks so much!

She's not really precious with her hair of she's lightened it with box dye....

Do a test piece first, if it's anything like live colour it can react and go black or bright pink (I've had both happen) also if it was a stripper box then you'd need to adjust the target shade as they shoot darker than expected

Latest posts

Back