Wella KP 7/2 vs 7/8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonavis33

Reaction score
Hi guys. My friend is a natural sort of ashy level 6 with 50% gray. I have been coloring her with 7/2 with good results. However, I’m just curious how the result might be different if we went with 7/8 instead? (So switching from the green tone to a blue tone). Sorry if it’s a dumb question but I’m just curious if the result would be very different? Would it be even more ashy or would it come out less ashy?
I’m working with Kolesten Perfect by the way.

The natural underlying pigment in a Level 6 is orange. /2 is green so would be better suited to neutralise red. /8 is blue and is better suited to neutralise orange.
If you want the coolest result I'd probably mix the 2.

The natural underlying pigment in a Level 6 is orange. /2 is green so would be better suited to neutralise red. /8 is blue and is better suited to neutralise orange.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense. I might fiddle around with the formula a little and see what I prefer.

I just realized wella doesn’t make a 7/8! Any idea why? I thought the blue would be the best to cancel out brassy orangey hues in lightened hair...

I did wonder, but I didn't question you as different countries have different shades available and wasn't sure where abouts you are. 😂
They do a 7/18 + they do a 77/02

I did wonder, but I didn't question you as different countries have different shades available and wasn't sure where abouts you are. 😂
They do a 7/18 + they do a 77/02
If the goal is to get some “blue” tone to cancel out the Orange, should I mix the 7/18 with the 7/2 i already use?
OR is it better to just stick to my 7/2 but add a couple grams of the Special mix in /88? I’ve never used a special mix before so I’m not sure how dramatic the effect will be.
Thanks!

If the goal is to get some “blue” tone to cancel out the Orange, should I mix the 7/18 with the 7/2 i already use?
OR is it better to just stick to my 7/2 but add a couple grams of the Special mix in /88? I’ve never used a special mix before so I’m not sure how dramatic the effect will be.
Thanks!
You could add /88.
Follow the rule of 11 and it will be enough to cancel the warmth, but not too dense.

Latest posts

Back