Wella low light help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xamyx

Xamyx
Reaction score
I have a client who usually has an all over bleach blonde and wants some low lights to break the colour up abit- just wanted to check if you think this will be ok:

So she is a natural base 7 and wanted the lowlights a similar colour or slightly lighter that her base.

I was thinking of using the wella colour touch 7/3 medium blonde with a touch of gold.

Has anyone used this before? What is the colour like or is there anything anyone else could recommend.

Do you think it is best to use this semi permanent? Or is there a permanent you would recommend?

Lastly with the wells colour touch what developer would I use? And do I mix equal quantities or double the developer?

Once I put the low lights through I will do the rest of the hair- bleach blonde level 10 just to cover the roots, then apply toner 10/16

Sorry Another question just wanted to check when doing the low lights what do I do with the natural root bit do I not colour this with the 7/3 and just colour under the root? Then when going through the rest of the blonde apply the bleach on the roots that are on the ow lights if that makes sense?

Sorry I don't understand why you would want to bleach the root then tint the rest 7.3? You will end up with a reverse ombré ? Normal 7.3 lowlights would be fine. Are you training? If so carry out all your colour work under the supervision of your tutor as some of your questions would have been covered with basic training?

Thank you for your reply, I am not very experienced as you can Probaly tell, so my clients hair her roots have grown through her roots which are a 7 she normally likes her roots done really light blonde to match the rest of her hair which was obviously bleached from before.

This time she wants her level 7 roots bleached as normal but wants low lights just a few through the top- (t-line) to break up the blonde. So I was thinking 7/3 lowlights scattered through t line then once I have done a few (maybe three or four each side then some going through the top) then putting the bleach through the rest of her roots - she wants it mainly blonde.

Does that make sense? Or how would you recommend doing it?

Last edited:
When I say put bleach through the roots I mean- not the sections I've just put the 7/3 through but the rest of her hair and underneath.- so she will end up with bright bleached hair all over with a few low lights in.

When I do the low light I will have a dark section from her roots and then her blonde hair do I just cover the blonde with the 7/3 or do I colour it from the darker bit (the root?) As I was going bleach the roots blonde so the lowlights are abit lower down- so will be blonde then abit darker down the hair.

I hope this makes sense and I'm not just confusing things?

I'd be a bit wary of putting colour touch on as a low light as it's a semi permanent and could end up fading fast besides it looking a bit brassy after a few washes

I would use a colour lower then a base 7 to cover bleach!! If you want it to look like a base of 7 I should use a base of a 5 or use half 5 and half 6. So for example 5/3 20vol or 5/3 & 6/3 20vol but you can use any colour with a bit of warmth in it. The reason I wouldn't use 7/3 is if it's on top of bleach there isn't enough deapth to it to cover really or it might look ok on the day but will fade because it doesn't grab very well. You should use a shade or 2 darker then what you want. Also I would use permanent colour and not semi permanent.

Ok thank you so I will use a permament koleston.

That makes sense using a darker shake when going over the bleach.

So what about when my client has her hair redone the next time with low lights (and then her blonde roots re done- same as this time) would I still use the 5/3 (or 5/3 and 6/3 ) as if she doesn't want too much dark would I try and go over the original low lights - so as I will be applying the colour to the dark hair and not going on the light bleach hair would I use a 7/3 permanent then? As if I use the 5/3 on the bits that are already dark would it make it even darker? Or as the hair grows out the bleached blonde that is at the top of the low light would of grown down so do I just apply the 5/3 on this bit and not touch the dark bits at all? Or do I colour the bleached blonde bit at the top and also the darker bit? (Then bleach the rest of the roots like before)

So I will use 20% but what ratio? Will it be 1:1 or double the peroxide (1:2)

Last edited:
I always use colour touch 7.73 with 1.9% come out lovely everyone always happy [emoji108]

Maybe add a little 6.3 if you want it a bit darker

I wouldn't use 5.3 against bleach too much of a contrast , if u want to use 7.3 then I would use 3% developer x

Latest posts

Back