Wella Magma Products - Info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbird86

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Have just bought a box of Magma 44 (Intense red) but am wondering if i really need the colo(u)r complete sealer? The bumpf says it "locks in colour" but does anyone know if it's essential and if i'll have serious fade if i dont use it?

I previously had a demi perm colour on my hair and have been really dissapointed with how quickly the colour dissapeared to leave me with a lovely pinky-orange tinge (hence the choice of such a super permanent option) but i don't want to fork out an extra £27 (in my nearest Sallys) if i don't need to.

If it's just a case of needing to neatralize the PH, can anyone suggest a good (but cheap) shampoo/conditioner/treatment that would do this?

Would really appreciate the help! x

Wella have a helpline you could ring, im afraid I havent used this product before. I find the helpline very good for queries, and have rang them before for advice on a certain colour, you could ask them how it all works, I assume if its a whole system though youll more than likely need this sealer.

If you suffer from colour fade you are either not using the correct shampoo and conditioner or you have porous hair.

Complete selaer isn't just about restoring the ph it also prevents further oxidisation as well as closing the cuticle.

I think you have answered your own question :wink2:

It is always best to stick with one brand as the products are designed to work together and compliment one another,it's more cost effective in the long run .

If you have porous hair you could refresh with a semi permanant or colour rinse shampoo hth's x

Thank you. Have bought myself a one application box of /89 (b*****ds didnt stock 44 in "one use" form!) and will use the sealer from this. Appreciate all the help! xxxxxxxxx

P.s. I think your right, i do have very porous hair.....I was in a smokey room for 5 minutes the night before last and have stunk ever since. (i'd just washed it too!) Don't spose it helps that its so long either, but i dont think i'm ready to relinguish the length yet, will have a shop around for the type of stuff you suggested, cheers.

Bigbird~ Are you qualified to buy professional haircolor? Your profile doesn't say what part of the industry you are in.

Not totally qualified as yet but on my way lol - i'm a student. (That does mean i'm allowed in here right? I've found it's a great place to learn more about the trade) Profile updated...Not very good at this kinda thing so apologies for the previous vagueness!

Eekksss we have two threads going on about the same thing.. You are more than welcome here. Welcome to the profession. May you learn wonderful things,. learn to love the knowlege and apply that knowledge for great success.

Although Manufacturers instructions recommend use of Magma Color Complete.
I use it in salon on a weekly basis and find that the results last visit to visit as long as they are shampoo and conditioned/treated after rinsing.
As a general rule, you should always use Wella Professionals Shampoo and Conditioner after a Wella Chemical Service.

If the Hair is overly porous or sensitised, or has a history of fading, Color Complete is ideal because it completes stops oxidisation of the product, being that it is so potently lifting, if not properly neutralised it can cause breakage.

I have the colour complete In the salon but can i use it after Any other colour, not just magma?
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back