Wella Magma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyhair1987

Hairdressers do it with style
Reaction score
Hi all! Haven't been on 4 a while, was confused wen the app disappeared! I was just wondered if me 1 can give me me info on magma, when, why and how 2 use, it's a product Iv not used b4! Iv got a lady 2moro who would like red red slices, and was thinking this could be good option? Thank u x

What colour is her hair now?

It's a lady Iv not done b4 but she wanted pillar box red dip dye! She said she hasn't had it coloured 4 12months, it's long natural 6/7 half and then a faded red the bottom half, I'm goin 2 do a full head red with kp and said is get the slices as red as I could? X

I use this in my salon a lot. It's a bleach so you can't overlap old bleach but it's great as you don't need to tone after. /44 is vibrant and can use on 6% & 9%. Mix 1- 1.5. I would strand test first xx

Thanx 4 ur help, I did a test and the ends just didn't want 2 lift at all, she'd previously had red and black home dyes. So we decided 2 give it a good cut and do 7/4 9% slices through front section then 66/46 with a tiny bit of 0/45 all over n we were both really happy with it x

I can't upload pic? Says its 2 big, it's just an ordinary pic on my I phone? X

I can't upload pic? Says its 2 big, it's just an ordinary pic on my I phone? X
Just edit the photo. It should give you the option to resize it.

Thanx 4 ur help, I did a test and the ends just didn't want 2 lift at all, she'd previously had red and black home dyes. So we decided 2 give it a good cut and do 7/4 9% slices through front section then 66/46 with a tiny bit of 0/45 all over n we were both really happy with it x

Magma has to process longer than regular Blondor, so be patient.

I LOVE it. The blonde shades... Better than blondor, and gentler. So clean no matter what the base. /89 i use the most.

Mix with pastel, 1.9%, 4%, 6%, 9% or 12%. With the new ones you can even mix it with the freelights developer for freehand!

I've yet to try the /89 in the new ones and they've changed some of the stuff in it so it may not be as powerful.

Word of warning, if you use the old /89... Wash it off when its done! It'll keep toning and go pink. The lifting stops and the oxyresistan semi permanent colour molecules deposit on the outer cortex and cuticle, just pure intense tone... Its a lovely pink though if thats what you want.

I LOVE it. The blonde shades... Better than blondor, and gentler. So clean no matter what the base. /89 i use the most.

Mix with pastel, 1.9%, 4%, 6%, 9% or 12%. With the new ones you can even mix it with the freelights developer for freehand!

I've yet to try the /89 in the new ones and they've changed some of the stuff in it so it may not be as powerful.

Word of warning, if you use the old /89... Wash it off when its done! It'll keep toning and go pink. The lifting stops and the oxyresistan semi permanent colour molecules deposit on the outer cortex and cuticle, just pure intense tone... Its a lovely pink though if thats what you want.

I have an Asian lady with around a base 3. She has no colour on her hair and would like balayage and I thought of using 89+ but not sure of developer. Not used freelights developer, does it swell less? Also, I really don't want to buy a large pot and only need a small amount, do you happen to know if I can acquire sachets or samples?? Many thanks!

The /89 I used on a level 7 in foils with 6% and it went white!!

The /89 I used on a level 7 in foils with 6% and it went white!!

I've used it on a level 5 before and it went white!

I've seen it go white on a level 3 as well!

I have an Asian lady with around a base 3. She has no colour on her hair and would like balayage and I thought of using 89+ but not sure of developer. Not used freelights developer, does it swell less? Also, I really don't want to buy a large pot and only need a small amount, do you happen to know if I can acquire sachets or samples?? Many thanks!

What result are you looking for?

But was beautiful and super clean. I want to get a few more of the blondes now. /36 and /17. Totally sold! Wish we got the yellow in the UK. It's awesome too

But was beautiful and super clean. I want to get a few more of the blondes now. /36 and /17. Totally sold! Wish we got the yellow in the UK. It's awesome too

Was it the new /89?

Limoncello or something isn't it?

Yes it was the new one. Really impressed as I've not used any of the blondes before. I also got /44 as I have the original /56 and /43 or is it /34?

Yes it was the new one. Really impressed as I've not used any of the blondes before. I also got /44 as I have the original /56 and /43 or is it /34?

Not too sure i think its /34.

I love magma blondes!

I'm inspired! So clean

I've used it on a level 5 before and it went white!

I've seen it go white on a level 3 as well!
Have u ever tried it on scalp? Or on yours? I like the sound of this

Latest posts

Back