Wella Magma?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayesha

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone use wella magma?? How does it take on previously coloured hair??

I’ve used it, it works well on prev coloured. But not great on build up of colour. You can go in with CT or CF to freshen up when faded :) xx

I find it can look a bit raw. That was /39 and I had to tone it with 9/16 to soften it. Which one are you using?

I find it can look a bit raw. That was /39 and I had to tone it with 9/16 to soften it. Which one are you using?
I find the /39 is very yellow looking, the /36 is a little better, but still quite warm more of a sun-kissed blonde.
The best is /89 for clean blondes. The /44 is super bright. The old /56 was and still is my absolute favourite !! Not too keen on the /73 and /75 and the /07 is nice on anything above a 7.
The /17 is lovely on anything above a 6.

I looooooove Magma! 89+ [emoji7]

I like using magma for balyage but that's it. I think it's quite inferior to majicontrast and swazkopfs fashion lights.

With the brighter colours you need to apply a semi afterwards anyway because I find the colour always comes out a bit wishy washy.

I think the others are better for condition of the hair too, but not sure if that's just because they're cream based it "should " be better for the hair.

But to answer you question it depends. If they've box dyed there hair 20 times then now, but if it's just got the one colour on it should break through, if you're aiming for blonde I would still use bleach, it's more reliable and cheaper x

can i just jump in please i have a client with purple highlights and level 5 dyed hair she is wanting a lighter brown and blonde look possibly balayarge look is this even possible with this colour line? if not any recommendations on what i can use?

can i just jump in please i have a client with purple highlights and level 5 dyed hair she is wanting a lighter brown and blonde look possibly balayarge look is this even possible with this colour line? if not any recommendations on what i can use?
Can you do a strand test?
I have never done this kind or work with magma before! But I would definitely say its possible.
You may need to do a colour remover first. But I'd try magma /17 + pastel for your base obviously avoid roots /scalp and then add sections of /89+ 9% and then asses when dry and then apply a root colour to match. That's probably how I'd go about it. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back