Wella Master Colour Awards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucelasticx

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the Wella Master Colour Award. Has anybody done it, is it life changing in your colouring ability. Basically it's a lot of money but i am happy to pay if its worth it.
Any feedback guys;)

I'm similar to you. Wanna do it, but gee whizz its a lot of cash. I'm gonna ask my rep (who is visiting today) to give me a low down on what I'm paying for, and see if he's happy to let me talk to anyone who has done it.

I reeeeealllllyyyy wanna do it, just for the exciting, fun side of things...but lets face it, I could have a belter of a holiday for the cost of it. And that would be fun too. :) xxx

wow!! master aye??:D ive actually never heard ov it, wel not over my way nyways...is it jut a uk based gig? id luv to no more as wel!!!!my main colour company is wella:D:Dhow much to enrol???

Google it emza...I don't think we can post prices on here.

Its the main big colour course they offer, but theres lots of different ways of doing it, there is 3 levels, and then the 4th level is invitation only.....ooooh i find it all so exciting but im not sure if i can justify the cost!!!

They charge you to enter????

its the colour diploma they offer, its a training. x

Wont be able to afford it this year as need to get my Racoon Diploma out the way first. Maybe my xmas bday and would of been holiday funds can go to it next year!!!
Do other companies offer similar courses???

I'm similar to you. Wanna do it, but gee whizz its a lot of cash. I'm gonna ask my rep (who is visiting today) to give me a low down on what I'm paying for, and see if he's happy to let me talk to anyone who has done it.

Please keep me posted on what he says!!!!

Wont be able to afford it this year as need to get my Racoon Diploma out the way first. Maybe my xmas bday and would of been holiday funds can go to it next year!!!
Do other companies offer similar courses???

Loreal do advanced master colour courses I did my Advanced in Andrew Collinge Academy .... Loreal colour is Fabulous, but that was many years ago,
I think loreal colour courses are the best for Colour courses but there is such a lot of information that you do have to keep on top of it .... and I would think you have to be salon based for it to work out properly ,

I think if I was mobile I would choose Wella though .

he told me the price, which i already knew, and i can afford it, i just dont know whether its worth it or not, and he said, oh maybe leave it to next year, im sure you have loads to spend your money on before that etc etc, hes really honest so i dont know if this is his way of saying dont waste your money!!! but hes sending me the trainign schedule so hopefully they'll be more in it about it xxx

Hiya, I did the Master Colour Award in 2004, crikey, can't believe it was that long ago! Hard to say about value for money because it was funded by my employer at the time so I don't know how much it cost them.

Also don't know how much it's changed in that time, but I really loved it and the in depth colour theory was great. My colouring confidence has barely been shaken, despite working on my own, in the last 6 years, and mostly I do think this is because I generally know how and why things happen... and when you know all the rules you know when you can bend them and when you can't!

When I did it (if I remember rightly!) the course consisted of masses of colour theory, a couple of written tests, workshops and demo's, designing and carrying out 3 original techniques, building a portfolio including all this info, and a presentation onstage at the Wella academy. And I loved every minute of it!

I vaguely remember at the time it was still pretty new, I think I was among the first 50 people in the country to complete the course (might be wrong about that, please forgive me if I've got my info arse about face!).

I'd probably think twice if I had to foot the bill for it now but other than that thoroughly recommend it! xxx

just read that link, and I was at a "do" with the man who did the redken course, Jason. He does indeed come across as a great hairdresser, and no doubt a star of the future.

i just think if i did it, i would want to up my prices to reflect my knowledge, and in the area i work, its not possible really to hike them as much as i would want. some peopl humph about a pound increase. hmmm....maybe when iv got a salon in edin ill think about it more.. x

Latest posts

Back