Wella or Goldwell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewie16

Reaction score
Hi just want to know if anybody prefers wella or goldwell colours? I've used wella since training and I love it!but the vibrant reds and browns are disappointing me a Little not lasting to long. I've seen goldwell colour chart it looks nice but has anybody used goldwell would you rate it better than wella?

Thank you

If you are looking for vibrant tones, and long lasting reds... Davines is your line. I was a Goldwell colorist for years. Davines has blown my mind.

You should definitely try Schwarzkopf Igora...I've worked with all three and find Igora the best by a mile, especially if vibrant reds and deep browns are what you're after. Long lasting, intense and glossy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used wella when training and never got on with it.
I've used goldwell for years and its amazing!! They have such a wide range, topchic, colourance, colourance plus, express toners, elumen and nectaya. All are very reliable!! And tree bleach is fab too.
Maybe get a rep to come and see you and then you can see what you prefer.
I'm mobile and have one x

We changed from Wella to Goldwell last year. Only thing I preferred in wella was not mixing base to cover grey all the time, but that's about it. The can dispense on Goldwell is fab - so clean. Huuuuge range by comparison though, don't get fooled into ordering every colour like I did. Goldwell aren't keen on processing under heat, esp. bleach which caused us a few timing problems. I did prefer the Wella business training though the tech training is pretty similar.

Phil xxx

Thanks phill a few people have messaged me today saying don't use goldwell as it isn't a good brand to use?

Thanks phill a few people have messaged me today saying don't use goldwell as it isn't a good brand to use?

Did they give you any reasons?

Write a pros and cons list. And if you can, get both companies to meet you for a show and tell.

Goldwell has a huge range so if you're not colour confident it maybe daunting.
Goldwell have a great academy in London which I've been too a few times and it's very informative.
Also they will come out to your salon or if your mobile a rep will come out to you at home.

I'm mobile and I also have a rep, doubly great as they own KMS now to! I use Affinage and Wella but my rep keeps dropping me freebies round in Goldwell and so far I'm impressed!

Thanks every1 for the messages this really helps

Latest posts

Back