Wella question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettyboop

Reaction score
hi all i am a professional hairdresser i work in a salon and from home and in need a bit of advise. Just booked in a new home client who is happy with her colour and hairdresser but sounds like her hairdresser is hard to get an appointment with so has called me to do her hair. Her hairdresser has given her colour card its a wella tint 12.16 + 40 vol?? i havent used wella for a long time and never use 40 vol on scalp. i asked if that irrated her and she said it does but not enough for it to be a problem and is happy with colour she likes it as light as poss with a tint without using bleach. So my long winded question is (drum roll!) can i use this wella tint and 40 vol on her scalp, do any of u do that? Thank u

Yes Wella advise the use of 40 vol with there hilift tints to achieve maximum lift. The mixing ratio is 1 part colour to 2 parts developer.

thank u for the quick reply didnt realise it was a highlift!

And, can be left on an hour, I leave most highlifts full hour, but minimum 45mins x

no no no, i would sack anyone using 40vol on the scalp for an hour!!!!!!!! what base shade is she? heat from the scalp with 30vol is absolutely sufficient for anybody! please do not put 40vol on her scalp and leave it an hour!!!!

I use Wella highlifts with 12% on the scalp and never had any problems!!!

hope u have good ins!!!!

i tought all 12s should be mixed with 12% (40 vol) thats what wella say anything less would be pointless to use a high lift with xx

no no no, i would sack anyone using 40vol on the scalp for an hour!!!!!!!! what base shade is she? heat from the scalp with 30vol is absolutely sufficient for anybody! please do not put 40vol on her scalp and leave it an hour!!!!

Yes Yes Yes!
Doesn't start to tne properly until the 45min mark.
If someone sacked me for this I'd laugh my ass off, on the way to court lol

no no no, i would sack anyone using 40vol on the scalp for an hour!!!!!!!!

Why would u sack anyone for following manufacturers instructions? Highlifts are always used with 40vol on the scalp and usually for an hour. Im confused.

Latest posts

Back