Wella slate grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amylouhunter

Reaction score
I am looking too achieve a slate grey colour on my clients hair I used wella, she is just now say a base 10 and I'm looking too take her down to a 7/8 ish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 211
Try colour fresh. 5/19 w/ 8/81.

10/1 + 22/0 x

How did it turn out??

Every wella grey I've done has come out DREADFUL! if you see a thread recommending using the 2 mixtone greys with 6% DO NOT DO IT! The colour touch 8/81 is a lovely silver grey but if you want a permanent solution you need to use GOLDWELL elumen. Its hard to get hold off but it's amazing otherwise matrix has an entire grey range.

So the only wella grey id recommend would be then 8/81 colour touch ! But please avoid the darker mixtone as it has natural green tones in it so it just looks crap!

Every wella grey I've done has come out DREADFUL! if you see a thread recommending using the 2 mixtone greys with 6% DO NOT DO IT! The colour touch 8/81 is a lovely silver grey but if you want a permanent solution you need to use GOLDWELL elumen. Its hard to get hold off but it's amazing otherwise matrix has an entire grey range.

You're clearly using it incorrectly then.

Too many hairdressers using products incorrectly and then when the result isn't as desired; they blame the product.

How can you presume we are using the product incorrectly when I've asked forums very much like this firstly for advice and after 20 years of hairdressing, and grey not really being so popular until now! I want to be able to achieve what my clients are asking for! So i do have quite allot of trade knowledge myself. I simply recommended a different company's product, NOT wella! After personally finding something better! I realise a painter will blame his tools to a degree, but when those said tools are being either specifically mixed up and measured correctly,(try number 1) then directly used on a wella training day/demo (try number 2) the tech also used the same formula of adding the 2x grey mixtones in equal parts with 6%,and the results were very patchy in places. We have tried the 10/81 with a small amount of the lighter grey concentrate and that was ok, but still more silver than slate, and I felt the color touch was a much nicer colour. I do like the idea of adding a little bit if 22/0 and 10/1 which we hadn't tried. I've been trying and asking other stylists for their opinion on 'the perfect grey' and found the results very subjective. And out of all the products recommended or used the one which performed worst for us was WELLA but best (FOR US) was the GOLDWELL elumen. Plus for people who are familia with elumen, it's a stain not a colorant, so it's a completely different way of colouring. But kudos to anyone who can achieve a suitable grey with their wella colours!? Dare I have an opinion, ay? And I'm a little offended you presumed we'd made a mistake with the ap. I was simply responding to a thread!? Surely that's the point of all this?

Right I just thought I'd throw out a quick olive branch out there and ask your opinion seeing as I have a reverse ombré to do tomor?! I really wanna use my wella colours and my clients has a combination of natural blonde and a few high lights but generally is about a 9-10 base, would you 2 tone the darkers through here parting or just use the one colour and then maybe just pull it down slightly for the finial 10-15 mins to get a bit of natural graduation? Thanks

Right I just thought I'd throw out a quick olive branch out there and ask your opinion seeing as I have a reverse ombré to do tomor?! I really wanna use my wella colours and my clients has a combination of natural blonde and a few high lights but generally is about a 9-10 base, would you 2 tone the darkers through here parting or just use the one colour and then maybe just pull it down slightly for the finial 10-15 mins to get a bit of natural graduation? Thanks

I really do apologise... I was having an exceptionally bad day yesterday, I jumped at you.

However, maybe you are using the wrong shades. I'd be more than happy to give you wella grey formulas and educational sheet.

For your root stretch, apply like a normal root tint first, then starting in the nape, take a half inch section and saturate the mid band with a balayage paddle, then reverse balayage. What shade do you plan to use?

Sugarplumfaery has achieved some stunning gray using wella. I'm very intrigued by elumem in general though.

Latest posts

Back