Wella special mix

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanz

Reaction score
I'm just wondering had anyone put the wella koleston perfect special mix tones onto pre lightened hair?
My cousin was to impatient to wait for me to turn his hair a nice slate grey (was going to use something suggested by reading previous forms) and is currently sitting with around s level 10 bleached head of hair with the wella special mix /81 on it
I asked how his friend mixed it and he said he thinks 1:1 ratio with 3%
I told him it might go quite blue does anyone know?

Use colour touch 8/81 with 3% 1:2 it's amazing!!

Special mix are pure pigment and not a true colour as such your results can be very muddy. Best to add special mix to a colour

Use colour touch 8/81 with 3% 1:2 it's amazing!!
I was originally going to do this, but he only wants koleston perfect so I'm wondering if I mix 8/0 & /81 together if I'd get the same effect
I haven't heard from my cousin yet so I dont know how it turned out as I said he was doing it himself because he was to impatient

Special mix are pure pigment and not a true colour as such your results can be very muddy. Best to add special mix to a colour
Yeah I understand that. Can I ask what you mean by the term muddy?
Well I was thinking because I was originally going to use colour touch 8/81 but my cousin only wants koleston perfect as he prefers it if I mixed 8/0 and /81 together if I'd get the same effect?

But why is your cousin wanting to tone with a permanent? It will be better to use colour touch and 1.9% it will be more seamless and holds better on the hair

But why is your cousin wanting to tone with a permanent? It will be better to use colour touch and 1.9% it will be more seamless and holds better on the hair
I tried telling him he's having none of it

Latest posts

Back