Wella strawberry blonde toner help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlessandraG

Reaction score
Hi, I’m having a bit of a problem with this hair colour and I’d really appreciate any help or suggestion as to what to do next.
The hair colour started off as strawberry blonde, but then we went a bit more into the ginger shades, it’s a mix of Koleston 8/04 (30g) 8/03 (8g) and 8/43 (8g) with 6%vol. Base is a natural 7 with about 50% grey now, lenghts were already prelightened.
However, the red doesn’t really last and we would need a suggestion for a good toner in between appointmens. We’ve tried Illumina 9/43 with 1.9vol but it only lasted 2 washes and was too sheer anyways. I was thinking about Colour Touch 8/43 with 1.9vol but I’m afraid it would be too red, instead of golden ginger. Many thanks in advance for any suggestion. Actual hair colour photo is attached.

Attachments

• E5A8343A-E68F-4BDF-B9EB-C463E848B91B.jpeg
    E5A8343A-E68F-4BDF-B9EB-C463E848B91B.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 48
Red doesn’t last, especially if the hair is getting quite porous.
Just retail a coloured conditioner such as the Revlon Nutri colour bomb or make one by adding some direct dye to a conditioner and putting it in a little bottle for her. (You can buy them from Boots/Superdrug etc.) Tell her to leave it on for about 30 minutes and then rinse. You might need to give her some cheap plastic gloves to use with it to save getting her hands stained.

Thank you so much, I was thinking about recommending something like SP Colour recharge in warm red or even red, but we will definitely try the Revlon as well. I’m hoping in a few months, after a couple more colourings, it will start holding better.
I was so disappointed with the Illumina 9/43 though, it looked so nice on the colour chart and we had high hopes.. did you achieve good results with it? We had amazingly natural results with the 7/43 but this one was not nearly as nice.

Latest posts

Back