Wella?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eviestyle

Reaction score
Why is wella so thick! I go through so much colour. Any brands similar to wella but not so wasteful?

I seem to have to use a whole tube in wella just for roots! I now work with affinage in the salon and it's has a more watery constancy to wella plus the ratio is 1 part color to two parts peroxide so goes soo much further!

L'Oréal colour is lot thinner x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

L'Oréal colour is lot thinner x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think I like loreal. How do the colors turn out compared to wella? Would i have a hard time switching over

Loreal is actually quite similar to wella and is allot thinner and spreads easier. I am fully trained in loreal but have dabbled in wella. I.couldnt live without wella highlift tints n also love.the toners like 8/81 it seems to.break through all brassiness. X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is dia? I know a lot of girls at my old work used loreal and used i think dia and clear (?) to slightly lift overall base? Is dia just low developer?

Matrix goes a long way,good colours too, apart from there reds x

I find Majirel doesn't go very far but inoa really does. It's lovely and easy to apply as well :) Dialight and Diarichesse are the demi permanents.

L'oreal is a abit thinner its only a 50m tube but its mixed 1 - 1-5. Alot of stylist arent keen on L'oreal at first cause it is a bit more technical than wella cause u have warm bases and stuff but when you get used to it the colors are nicer cause to me Koleston is just paint buy numbers u can tell it a mile off it looks like wig hair L'oreal colors look alot more natural and the reds are a million times better. The hi-lifts arent great majiblonde doesnt lift as clean as the wellla ones but Matrix are very god for hilift but the rest of Matrix is a bit warm. Dont go for inoa tho it is terrible.

I've only ever used wella has anyone got any pics of loreal colours ?

How much do they work out at compared to wella I thought they were more expensive with less in the tube.:irked:

Wella has a blue base. For all colors.
Majirel has all violet base. The blondes are still warm.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SalonGeek mobile app

Any updates on this?

Tried switching to Schwarzkopf from Wella but really struggling!

I could go back to wella but never been overkeen. Any other colour lines similar to wella?

I'm home based so I don't have access to much training

I love Wella! It works great, are you sure your mixing correctly? You shouldn't have to use that much color and it's really not that thick.

I don't think wella is thick! I love wella but the tubes are small..But charge them a decent price it doesn't seem to expensive if you get me?
Heard loreal/ matrix and Schwarzkopf are really good.

Ive switched from Wella to Nxt colours. Finding them pretty good and hugely cost effective.

Ive switched from Wella to Nxt colours. Finding them pretty good and hugely cost effective.

NXT?! Really?! I've never heard anything good about NXT

Have you tried Affinage? It's a good budget range, they have a huge selection of colours, a converter developer that you can use for tone on tone using the permanent range. The Reds and coppers are lovely . I think the tubes are 100ml and you use it on a 1:1.5 ratio, 1:2 with hi lift. I've been using. Illumina recently and I'm using so many tubes in comparison! The downside is the blondes come out fairly warm, hence the use of a different brand.

image.png
This is 5.76 blended into 7.66. They do a loyalty card too, I've had a free set of scales, peroxide, gowns and other bits!

(Edit: removed trade price)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on this?

Tried switching to Schwarzkopf from Wella but really struggling!

I could go back to wella but never been overkeen. Any other colour lines similar to wella?

I'm home based so I don't have access to much training
That's ashame what is it your struggling with

Latest posts

Back