What are your experiences with CND Rescue RXx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I applied the first time CND Rescue on my own nails after removing my Shellac. I am very surprised because it seems that my nails have profited from only one application. I have very thin bendy nails and it seems that they are stronger. The surface of the nails look very nice. Ok, I don`t have any white spots, sometimes a little delamination on the edge who`s coming in the main thing when I let my nails some days without Shellac. I am very very surprised from the result of CND Rescue and can`t believe it. What are your experiences?

I would say it took about a week of rubbing it in 3-4 times a day before I saw an improvement in my nails. But what an improvement! No more bendy weak nails, even my gel polish is lasting longer now I've applied it again. Well worth 3 weeks of naked nails.

Thanks izzidoll for your reply and telling your experiences!

A lot of people looked into this thread but only you gave an answer.

I think, that most people here have no experiences with this product and that the reason may be that the use is only on natural nails and most of us don`t want to have natural nails for a longer time and also not for the Clients ;-)

The use of IBX can be done as a additional to a gel/uvpolish- nailtreatment and therefore I think that is more popular for the nail techs, that`s logical.

From my point of view I can say: try it if you want to have a pause for some days. It`s worth it!

I have a pause for many days as I'm quite happy with bare nails. I used Repair once and like you noticed my nails felt better.

I look at a lot of threads and don't give an answer because I often don't have a clue what they're talking about!

Vic x

I've been using it over my shellac & noticed my nails feel stronger.

I use it over gelish and feel a big difference in my nails. Its been about three weeks and they are much stronger then before. I used to have peeling at the free edge, now nothing. My gelish is lasting for weeks not just one week. Very happy so far

I should be getting some today and am prepared to have naked nails for 4 weeks to see the difference it can make so I can show my clients I have tried it too. I'm happy to share my experience once it has started!

IBX is a professional treatment therefore that is the one I use in the salon.
However a few of my uv cured polish clients are not regular regulars! One in particular gets her nails done every 5 weeks when she gets her hair done. Rescue rxx is perfect for her. 2 weeks wear of polish then 3 weeks use of rescue rxx. I expect to see an improvement in her nails next appt.
As I don't like to retail something I haven't used myself I let my nails go naked and trialled it myself with the results posted previously.

As it is not meant to be used with gel polished nails I wouldn't retail it to my regular clients, I would just continue to retail solar oil to them.

Izzi makes a good and important distinction. IBX is a professional service and RescueRxx is a retail treatment. Both are really designed for application to the natural nail. RescueRxx can be used over a coating, though it is going to be largely ineffectual compared to being put on a natural nail as the benefit (when wearing a coating) will only be to hydrate the surrounding tissue and treat some of the regrowth area.

Just wanted to say that my "problem" shellac ladies are getting fab results applying it over their shellac.

Thank you Ladies, for sharing your opinions and experiences!

Very interesting experiences from Jersey Jock and Jen889 who used it over their Shellac and Gelish with good results.
It seems to be that Rescue Rxx is able to penetrate through UV Polish in fact. The results will be perhaps not so good as using it on bare nails but it seems to work partly.

It seems that it works. CND Rescue is a new product and I am very exiting to here more of the results by using it over Shellac, Gelish and so on in the next weeks. I will try myself ;-)

I have a lady who's been using it daily for about 6 weeks now. Her nails have improved massively, following a period of cheekily picking off her shellac.

So I prescribed RescueRxx to her and she came back for fortnightly natural manicures in the meantime.

Tomorrow, she'll be having her first Shellac service in all that time so I'm excited to see how it fairs on much improved nails.

I'll let you know in a fortnight how she got on x

One of my clients has been using Rescue Rxx for a couple of weeks on her natural nail, she came to the salon on Friday and showed me her nails and she has now got onycholysis. The nail has come away from her nail bed towards the free edge, Can anyone tell me how or why this has happened since she has been using this product? X

I haven't tested it out yet on me or my clients, but I have a dear friend and mentor who's worked with nails for 12 or something years and she is the biggest sceptic I know when it comes to "wonder" products for nails.

She has clients who tried it that have seen massive improvements on their natural nails. One of her clients has psoriasis in her nails and was so impressed by the result of 4 weeks of applying it to bare nails she went to her dermatologist and said that they should recommend it to patients with that type of condition.

I am exiting to try it, I'm going bare in 2 weeks and trying it for myself.

I think this could really help clients get their confidence back when they are being troubled by illnesses such as psoriasis that effects the nails. And a lot of the time I feel bad when I turn them away since I don't apply enhancements and coating on clients with those conditions.

Now I have this to sell them so they can rebuild and return for services.

It's not just a product, it's a movement :)

I have a client who *says* she has used Rescue RXx as recommended, twice a day for 4 weeks but just can't see any improvement in her nails. They flake at the ends and often Shellac lifts on her problem fingers. We hoped that this would really help her, but she said to be perfectly honest there just doesn't look like much difference. I am not seeing her till Sunday night, but does anyone have any thoughts etc?

I have a client who *says* she has used Rescue RXx as recommended, twice a day for 4 weeks but just can't see any improvement in her nails. They flake at the ends and often Shellac lifts on her problem fingers. We hoped that this would really help her, but she said to be perfectly honest there just doesn't look like much difference. I am not seeing her till Sunday night, but does anyone have any thoughts etc?

Rescue Rxx is meant to be used on bare nails and is largely ineffectual over nail coatings, like shellac, so it's not surprising that there isn't an improvement in her nails. She may very well be using it as much as she says but Rescue Rxx simply wasn't formulated to work that way. If you want something to put underneath nail coatings, look into IBX.

I'm a bit late back with my update, but my client returned for her first Shellac appointment since using Rxx and her nails were quite simply INCREDIBLE!!

They looked and felt so smooth and she said she couldn't help but stroke them on her face because they felt so glassy [emoji16]

It was almost a shame to paint over them... but we did and two weeks later, every single nail coating was intact! An absolute first for this particular client.

We removed and reapplied Shellac for a second time and I advised her to apply a small amount of Rxx to the regrowth area and when she returned for her next appointment.... BAM! every single nail intact again!

I'm thrilled, she's thrilled, happy days indeed xx

Rescue Rxx is meant to be used on bare nails and is largely ineffectual over nail coatings, like shellac, so it's not surprising that there isn't an improvement in her nails. She may very well be using it as much as she says but Rescue Rxx simply wasn't formulated to work that way. If you want something to put underneath nail coatings, look into IBX.

Sorry, what I meant is that before we decided to use Rescue RXx she was having that issue with Shellac. We took it off, she used the treatment for 4 weeks on bare nails, and says there's no improvement. Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Sorry, what I meant is that before we decided to use Rescue RXx she was having that issue with Shellac. We took it off, she used the treatment for 4 weeks on bare nails, and says there's no improvement. Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Ahh, ok! Well then Im stumped lol. Maybe she isnt being truthful about how much she uses it afterall!

Latest posts

Back