What are your hours over Christmas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolahayley

Reaction score
Hi folks!

This is my first year in business over the festive period and I'm just wondering what hours you all chose to work over Christmas? Do some of you close Christmas Eve all together? Or work but finish early? I'm worried as I want to have a good break, and spend some quality time with my family. Especially my boyfriend who works away on the rigs and will be due to go away on the 27th.. But I'm also worried if I don't take in enough takings for that week that I'll end up struggling as I've got so many bills to pay this month! :(
What does everyone else do?

Nicola! Xxx

We open lots of hours....late nights etc every night but we plan to close early on christmas eve depending on bookings, so maybe 3.30 or 4pm, and then we will re-open as usual on the 27th as we have bookings in for that day. I plan to take a longer break in the new year so will close early again on new year's eve and then close 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. The 5th is a sunday so we will re-open on the Monday. Not expecting so much business in January so we shouldn't be missed too much.

im working normal hours this week and next but will come in earlier or stay behind later if need be ( the joys of living round the corner from the salon) in opening on the Monday 23rd from 10 until 6 open Christmas eve from 9 to 6 closed 25th 26th and 27th open again Saturday 28th 10am until 3 open again on Monday 30th 10 to 6 and New Years Eve 10 until 6.
Then i fly home New Years Day and spend a week back home with my family, then fly back to England on the 8th to reopen the salon on the 9th and that's it back to business as usual xx

Normal next week, saturday and sunday morning next weekend, full day Monday 23rd then that's it till 31st December when I'm open, I currently have 3 hours work booked for that day but no doubt there will be some casualties to repair lol

Latest posts

Back