What colour brand do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leahukhairstylist

Reaction score
I am going freelance and am unsure what colour brand to use. I use majirel up the salon so have no education in any other. I am not overly kean on majirel. so i would like to know what everyone thinks is the best brand to use so i know what colour course to go on.

I'm freelance and work in a salon two days a week. I use majirel freelance and goldwell in the salon. I find Loreal nicer than goldwell condition wise.

Im also freelance i love wella and clynol

I use L'Oreal and Wella occasionally.
What don't you like about Majirel? Get in touch with all the colour houses and get their education brochures. Look at what they can offer you in terms longevity/training path and how often they run etc.

One thing I like about Wella is they let you have a direct account where you can order all your stock. In addition you can order Wella branded items (like trolley, apron, brushes, bowls etc). Personally I like that as it makes you look more professional. L'Oreal don't offer that to freelancers [emoji30]

Matrix are an amazing brand and at 90ml tubes they're great value for money!

I've heard good things about matrix but never used.

Agree with Joe96, matrix are really good. I trained in salon using Scruples, but had to use Wella when doing my level 3. Couldn't stand Wella personally, L'Oreal I think are nice too.
Just my opinion though :)

Agree with Joe96, matrix are really good. I trained in salon using Scruples, but had to use Wella when doing my level 3. Couldn't stand Wella personally, L'Oreal I think are nice too.
Just my opinion though :)
I did my level 2 training with wella then I went to another college for level 3 who were using matrix I was dreading using it but used it a few times then I absolutely fell in love with it, it's he best brand I've ever worked with

I trained with wella in college, but something about the brand bored me to sleep!
Don't get me.wrong the colours were great,

But since leaving I've used igora royal and I love it!

I'm in the process of opening my first salon after renting a chair for years. I always use a bit of everything from all different brands but I feel I want to commit to one brand for the salon. Could anyone give me any info on how matrix are with training etc and if someone would be kind enough to pm me the prices thankyou xx

I'm in the process of opening my first salon after renting a chair for years. I always use a bit of everything from all different brands but I feel I want to commit to one brand for the salon. Could anyone give me any info on how matrix are with training etc and if someone would be kind enough to pm me the prices thankyou xx
I've PMd you x

Latest posts

Back