What colour do you use/prefer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
Just wondering which colours all you geeks love as I'm now thinking that if I go mobile I need to decide on a make. I love wella and done some of their courses, but at around £6 a tube I'm wondering how the other brands at 100ml tube for around the same price compare?
Anyone tried Mask, XP 100, Rusk, Erayba or other similar colours?
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated xx

i have only once used a colour other than wella or loreal (im wella trained and very happy with it) i used a cheaper alternative once, and never will i falter again. . . the colour had no hold, it wasnt colour true to its shade chart and it was jus rotton lol. . .
i really think u get wot u pay for and in my opinion 6 quid a tube gives a pretty decent return, id rather have happy clients who recomend than cut corners and potentially lose them. . .
xx

i'm with you scottydolly, i tried 'yellow colour' it was £2.99 for 100ml i thought GREAT!
mistake big time... the 10/0 was awful, so gold it made my clients heads glow:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!! gutted, the reds 4/66 was very wishy washy, again gutted as that ended in me spending time and money to correct :mad:

thing is i stocked up on all the colours thinkin BARGAIN!!

wella is the best by far x

used clynol at college tis ok but either too gold or too matt looking...but love wella and its all i use outside of college

I've always used either Wella or L'oreal so can't comment on the cheaper brands. However, many wholesalers do deals if you buy in bulk. Sallys give you a booklet that you collect stickers in. 1 sticker for each tube. Every 5 you get a free colour and 20 I think it is you get a free colour chart (I think the numbers are right - haven't got my book to hand) and my local wholesalers charge £4.99 per tube once you've bought 10 or more in one go. Shop around and you'll find a good deal :)

Thanks guys, I kinda knew the answer lol but just wanted opinions. Since moving to my new (awfal) salon, and using the XP and a few others I wasn't sure if it was actually the colours that where cr*p or coz they don't stock many and just mix up a heapa sh*te to get it iykwim.
Prob a bit of both haha. Will defo stick with Wella then, makes sense anyways if I'm used with it and have trained with them.
Roxi that's a good thing the wholesalers does, I suppose it means if you're not ordering direct of wella then you're not losing out anyway from the rewards scheme thing they do. Will have to check out if my local wholesalers does this, thanks for the tip xx

Latest posts

Back