What commission?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki201

Reaction score
Hi geeks really quick question. I've tried employing staff and have been let down time and time again. I've spoke to my accountant who thinks I should take someone on on a commission basis. I provide all the products and take a percentage of their earnings. If I supply the products and the treatment space how much commission should I take? I was thinking 60% to me 40% to them?

Thanks,
Nicola

The industry average does appear to be 60/40 to who ever buys the products, if thats you or the self employed person.

Personally I find the commission/self employed route a little bit messy. Im not saying you would, but the lines can get blurred over if they are actually self employed. Which can get you in to trouble. Example: if you are choosing their uniform, taking their payments, choosing their price list, dictating the hours they work, advertising etc.
It also leaves you out of pocket when they are on holiday/day off/sick.

Xx

Hey Steph thanks for replying to me. I have tried employing people a few times but it hasn't worked out for me I just can't seem to find anyone reliable. My accountant actually suggested I go down this route as it's less risk for me. I just wanted to see what you geeks thought! Xx

It is less risk if you can find someone motivated & reliable. If they don't turn up, are off sick you still wont get paid.

If you are happy being someones landlord why don't you take the risk out & ask for a set weekly rent? You get paid each week then regardless of if they turn up or not, & you wont have to provide stock so less out goings? Xx

Latest posts

Back