What do I have to do to become an NVQ Assessor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have just enrolled to do my NVQ level 3 Beauty Therapy course full time to get it done in a year. And I have decided I would like to become an Assessor but more so for NAILS. The NVQ nail services level 2 & 3 are not down here near me yet but could be next year in the college I am at. I have spoken to various people but still am not sure how to go about it or whether or not there is another teaching course or training course I could do before that.

I have the experience with the nails and am just doing the NVQs in Beauty because they will add to my bow. But I really want to teach nails and want to know what is the best route to go down to achieve this and what courses do I need to do first to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please

You find a training provider who will train you for D32, 33, 34 ,36 etc.

You do not take a course to assess nail skills, you take a course to ASSESS. Then you apply those skills to nails.

They may have changed the unit number since I did them from the ones above.

Ask 'mum' she knows all about this stuff.

Thanks Geeg

With the D32, 33 etc are they Units that come under NVQ or City & Guilds

I inqured at the college that Im at and they do an A1 Assessor qualification but they said I had to be working and assessing to be assesed to get the qualification if that makes any sense.. and that I had to be experienced in what I wanted to assess for at least five years.

I also found a city & guilds 7302 course level 3 (Certificate in delivering learning) is that similar to what you suggested

City & Guilds is the awarding body( like VTCTor BTEC),
Some colleges allow trainee Asessors into their Salon sessions to assess, ( as you will need two or three candidates (students) and assess one unit with each of them and these candidates will have to complete their qualification,or at least the units you have chosen to assess them in.
If you look at the City & guilds website you will be able to get some info.

The C&G 7302 is if you want to teach,

Hope this Helps

Hi,

I did my A1 assessors award in June, whilst working at the college. You also have to also do your city and guilds 7302, which is about 14wks long. Then you can go on to do the 7407, which is 20 wks long, you need to have yr numeracy and literacy for this one also. Then you can go on to do your Cert Ed, which is 30 weeks long, and you need to teach for 60 hrs alongside this one. Finally you can go on to do your 2nd year Cert Ed, which is again 30wks long, and 60 hrs teaching. Good luck, i will tell you that it is very very hard work, lots and lots of paperwork. Im currently teaching, and carrying out my teacher training, and working from home. But the rewards at the end will be worth it. Feel free to pm me for more info, or if you dont understand this garbledee gook!!

Latest posts

Back