What do I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scuba245

Reaction score
Im looking into getting insurance to start doin nails from home or in peoples house but i was just wondering what i will all need to start buying as am a little bit clueless :confused: Iv got my uv lamp already and have bn using 'the edge' gels. i also do nail art an have bn buying things little by little off ebay for a while? what other sort of equipment would people reccommend me lookin into getting?cheers xxx

If you'll be providing gel enhancements, you will require.....
* pink, white, clear gels ( i use NSI balance builder gel)
* gel brushes which have a smaller flat head
* primer
* cleanser
* top coat ( glaze 'n' go, by NSI is amazing!!)
* nail tips ( i like velocity by cnd, or a bit cheaper...Mercia)
* glue for tips
* nail forms
* uv lamp ( i have 36wt)
* files..( i like zebra 180/240, and love white block buffers.)
* lint free wipes
* cuticle oil ( i use solar oil, nurture oil)
If i have forgotton anything hopefully someone will reply! lol.
It takes time to build up your supplys, you'll buy products you'll love or hate, try different brands to see what you prefer!
I buy a lot direct from nsi ( Home - Nail Systems International (UK) ) although you can get genuine bargains on ebay.:wink2:
at the moment nsi have a kit which has everything you'll need,( not the lamp lol ) all for less than £20! The Balance Overlay Kit.
Hope this has helps!, private msg me if you'd like any other help.
Good Luck!

Angel x

Im looking into getting insurance to start doin nails from home or in peoples house but i was just wondering what i will all need to start buying as am a little bit clueless :confused: Iv got my uv lamp already and have bn using 'the edge' gels. i also do nail art an have bn buying things little by little off ebay for a while? what other sort of equipment would people reccommend me lookin into getting?cheers xxx

Some training would be a good start! Forgive me if you've had good training already, but your training provider shoulde be able to give you a recommendation for insurance as well as distributing you with products. Your phrasing of your question doesn't suggest you've had much formal training......

Btw, buying from Ebay will invalidate your insurance anyway.

If you fill in your profile with details of your training we will be able to offer you more detailed advice.

Latest posts

Back