What do we love?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lktanning

Reaction score
Right ladies and gents, I keep seeing post where we all rant for days about what we hate about the industry and bla bla bla. Let's balance it out ;)

What do you LOVE about what you do?

I LOVE the fact I am in control of my working life, the hours, who I treat etc. I also love clients and meeting new people!

Now your turn... :)

I have just starting mobile/hair from home and I love it. Same reasons as choose hours and my own boss. What I love about hair is the creativity and the ability to make some one feel good it's the best buzz. X

I love being able to reduce pain and increase positivity when a client comes in looking stressed grumpy or in pain and leaves with a spring in their step it makes my day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My clients and students, each and every one of them! :green:

I find doing nails themselves so therapeutic and relaxing :) x

Good thread btw, I like!! X

I love the people, the creativity and the scope to learn new things.

i love the fact every day is different! the fact i never know what challenges are awaiting me and i get to work with lovely customers i think the world of! I like been there for them to have a rant, a moan, a giggle or just a chit chat with! Love my job xx

This thread is going to be a good one!

I love when a client comes in and has been unhappy with a previous barbers, and I just listen to them and give them the hairstyle they want! And the lovely comments about my shop (I only opened a couple of months ago so still on cloud 9!).

I love pretty much everything about our industry. The exceptions being the sore feet/back and longer hours. So worth it though for the job satisfaction!

I love making people feel better than they did when to they walked in.

Jemima :)

Loving all these replies! xx

I love that every day is different, every day I get to meet someone, chat with them (most of the time I learn something new - culturally, politically or even spiritually) and everyone has different nails, skin types and hair it makes my job interesting! I really have wonderful clients too so I don't really feel like I am "working".

I love the rapport you build with your clients it's great to look forward to going to work each day knowing that you're making someone look and feel fabulous about themselves. When I was a salon trainer I really enjoyed seeing the juniors starting off on their careers, from the very beginnings, seeing the excitement after they've past their first assessment through to when they've finally qualified.

Like said above I love being my own boss....if I have a rude client I can deal with it as I need to, if I have a lovely client I can reward how I feel accordingly, if there is a school play/birthday/anniversary I don't work!!

Plus I love the gossip I hear even if I don't know who it's about!! Lol xx

As a boss I love helping my employees grow. I thought I had good staff before both my therapists left, little did I know what little gems were around the corner!

As a self employed mum I live the flexibility to be able to attend school plays, assemblies, sports days etc

The beauty industry can be amazing :)

Jemima :)

I love choosing my own hours, I love not having to worry about working Christmas or new year. I love choosing my own holidays. I love meeting new people, I love seeing the surprised look on people's faces when they ask who I work for and I say no this is my salon.
I love being in control f everything. I love being able to check my phone when I want.. Being able to pop out when I want, make a cuppa when I want.
I love choosing my own uniform!! Lol. I love buying things for my salon just knowing that it's going to look great and where it's going to go. And I love sending myself on courses, bettering myself and trying to provide a good service to my clients!!
I'm proud to say I've got my nose in my own business and I'm not worrying about anyone else's! If u think about how someone else's salon is getting on it takes your mind off your own game... :) x

Nicola! Xxx

Latest posts

Back