What do you all think regarding prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

I was just wondering what you all think of my prices.

I do gel extensions and use IBD.
I charge £30 for extensions
£25 for overlay
£20 infill
£15 take off
£5 nail art

Do you think these are reasonable prices? what do you all charge.

Im starting to think my prices are too high, i have had a few ppl ask me about my nails and then when they ask me for prices and i tell them, i dont hear back from them :rolleyes:

Have any of you had this? xx

Yes I have! My prices are not far off what you charge I use nsi and think my nails arnt too bad :)

I've been using facebook to advertise lately and have found quite alot of young girls not liking my prices saying they can get them done for £12.50!!! Lol wouldn't cover my time, products or petrol it makes me so angry I feel like screaming! So some ppl would rather have their nails drilled and mma put on nails that IMO don't look nowhere as good as mine (big head) but it's so true ppl are now more price conscious than ever. I refuse to put my prices down and at quiet times introduce offers never change prices unless they are going up. Hang in there and try and find clients that go to you for what your nails look like not your prices :) xx

Hi skippy87

Mine too are around the same prices.
What are other places near you charging?

Salons near my area charge £47 for a full set not including oil or a polish. I charge £32 for full set £4 for oil and include polish. Nail art starts from £5 depending on design.

But everyone has said i should put my prices up? but I dont want to over charge!

£12.50 that sound worrying! Unless they are still training?

Its not easy, do you start with a higher price and risk clients not paying or do you start lower and risk clients not liking you raising your prices at some point ?!
tashastalons is right they should come to you for your nails not your prices.
:biggrin:

You have to link your price around the general professional price for your area. I could never get away with £30+ for a full set as salons near me have been in the business years and are not charging this much. However I would never reduce my prices to below £20 that is ridiculous and like the previous geek said would not even cover costs x

Do a little bit of research and see what other professional salons are charging, if you can afford to lower a couple of pounds do so but if not stick with what you have x As long as the level of service matches the price tag you will get loyal cusomers x

Salons near me charge between £15-£25 so i charge in line with those. I did also put up my prices recently and have had no problems. I use NSI products but hardly anyone around here does gel so that's a big plus for me and one of the reasons I chose gel over acrylic. Research your area and charge in line with what the going rate is hth x

Why not do an intro offer? That way they will come to you and pay say £20 full set and realise how much better you are then the £12.50 girl and come back to you and Pay full price plus tell all her friends about how brill you are!

Latest posts

Back