What do you do for sanitary waste?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aimee

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can offer your advice.

One of our clients in the salon is also a rep (I think) for a hygiene company, and has advised us that we need to have a correct sanitary bin & correct collectors to remove this waste. It is apparently against the law to not have the correct bin.

At current we have a close top bin with tie top liners, which are then emptied daily into waste sacks which we put all contaminated waste in such as wax strips & sharps, which are then collected by a refuse company.

Is this ok as far as other geeks are concerned? I am interested to hear others opinions & what they do for sanitary waste, or even shed some light on the correct & legal way. (As I am pretty sure we are doing everything just fine, but my client has made me question our methods!)

Thanks all :) x

I thought it went on the amount of employees? I may be wrong it's just that I work in an office so the public don't use our toilet. Maybe try google? Sorry I'm not much help xx

Sanitary bins are a necessity especially in a salon where the majority of clients and staff are women. I believe you have to have a certain number of staff before it becomes compulsory. It saves the toilets getting blocked. I pay approx £90 a year by a professional company who empty the bins regularly.. it's just another weight of my mind to be honest and everyone is happy.

Just saw the above post. Ha.

One female staff member and it is compulsory. ..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for your input! I have been searching online & there have been a few sites suggesting different ways of handling with it but that clears everything up now! Thank you. X

People have beaten me to it!

When there were three women and two men on my old team, we didn't need one... This year, there's only me and four men BUT we've just got two long-term work experience students starting soon, both women, and suddenly we get a bin and the *companyname*man calls in every other week!?

There was much :o going on when I voiced how amusing I found this. The boys were running scared!

People have beaten me to it!

When there were three women and two men on my old team, we didn't need one... This year, there's only me and four men BUT we've just got two long-term work experience students starting soon, both women, and suddenly we get a bin and the *companyname*man calls in every other week!?

There was much :o going on when I voiced how amusing I found this. The boys were running scared!

Haha! Aren't they funny! Thanks for the advice! X

Latest posts

Back