I just want to do hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopelessDiva

Reaction score
Ok so this maybe a long one

Im 34 this year I've been NVQ 2 hairdressing in 2016 I bummed around for a while then got a job as an assistant at a top salon in London (amazing opportunity right?)
It was fine at 1st but then things changed within the company since the owner sold it.
The standards have fallen we were 5* but now we operate at like 3*, I've had 6 managers since I started none of which are from hair industry and it came out that the educator for the salon has plans to only pass off assistant s he LIKES.
It may sound like I'm complaining but I don't want to clean floors it's really hard at 33 to be on your hands and knees cleaning we hardly get to actually assist with hairdressing. I look around the salon and it just kills my passion I just want to learn to cut without it being used as a carrot to keep me skivvying they make us feel like we will never be any good without them but I feel like the more I learn the less confident I am I won't even do a root tint on my own anymore I'm not enjoying my hair journey I need some advice from ladies my age I've changed from social housing to hair I have my NVQ 2 but not confident with cutting should I just go back to college or do Sassoon's ABC as it's all I'm lacking in now? I have no one in the industry to ask so please am I wasting my time or being fussy? I just feel like I should be seeing the fruit of my labor by now I got qualified in April 2016 I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I just feel at these rate I'll be burnt out by time they think I'm good enough

Sassoon ABC. Thoroughly recommend it and their educators are really supportive. Go for it!

Thanks @AcidPerm im going to look into dates

Yes I agree ABC
A stylist I used to work with went off and did hers and the difference in her when she came back was insane!!
I’d love to have done it but with hotels and travelling it works out so expensive if you’re not local to London [emoji22]

Latest posts

Back