What do you do when there is no clients ringing you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
Do you work elsewhere, or something else?

Do you work elsewhere, or something else?

First, I check the phone line...:lol:...then I rethink my ads....then I get my diary and phone book out....then I ring clients from the past and offer some sort of incentive to come back....then I leave my business cards everywhere.

Don't give up. x

scream and pull my hair out!

no, as bagpuss said, don't take it personally get pro-active and do something about it. also sit and plan your year, special offers, treatment packages, etc.

then enrol on a few courses, as you will be enthusiastic about your new treatments and it gives you another reason to contact your clients.

how and where are you advertising?

How long have you been in 'the trade'

Could you do client referal's? / loyalty schemes?

Get some kick ass nails out there on hairdressers, peeps working in the local shops etc to 'showcase' your work.

I'd say it takes a good 12 months to build up a half decent client base...from there it should escalate .....if your work is tip top

good luck

I have one client for waxing, stuck in a care work, amongst a group of females who bitch about everything!!!, which I want to get out of, nothing where I live regarding beauty/holistic jobs.

I have tried yell.com, local magazines advertising, free internet site advertising, processing my own website,(not gone live, taken off air, to do more work on it) posters around town, brochures in local shops, leaflet drop through magazine publication. Where I placed a ad, and this was being distributed through peoples door, letters to WRI.

I dont know what else I can do, I have been told many times, by friends, husband and many Clairvoyants over the years.

How long have you been in 'the trade? - I have been qualified since 1994, wanted/started being self employed since 2006/07

I am studying reflexology, and crystal therapy.

What do I do?

I have one client for waxing, stuck in a care work, amongst a group of females who bitch about everything!!!, which I want to get out of, nothing where I live regarding beauty/holistic jobs.

I have tried yell.com, local magazines advertising, free internet site advertising, processing my own website,(not gone live, taken off air, to do more work on it) posters around town, brochures in local shops, leaflet drop through magazine publication. Where I placed a ad, and this was being distributed through peoples door, letters to WRI.

I dont know what else I can do, I have been told many times, by friends, husband and many Clairvoyants over the years.

How long have you been in 'the trade? - I have been qualified since 1994, wanted/started being self employed since 2006/07

I am studying reflexology, and crystal therapy.

What do I do?

yellow pages was/is the best advertising for me (initially) then word of mouth.

hth

ambx

Ok - look at the salons/techs/waxers around you in your area. What makes them successful, you then need to try and better what makes them get their clients. Is it their adverts? Is it their presence in the area? What treatments do they offer compared to you. Find out what makes them tick and get an even better clock!

Better the devil you know, as there is one salon, where I have asked many people where they go, and they all say ...... ....... the same name!!!:mad::mad: The salon has been around for five years, only one at the time, back then, now there is four others, plus two mobile therapists.

I know how you are feeling! But do remember january is a quiet month now valentines day is on its way perhaps you could use this to your advantage and put on a special offer get some leaflets printed for it and perhaps do your treatments half prices or 25% off etc. As i think when people do this it gets in the odd few (espesh valentines all us ladies want to be looking our best) and once they come to you, they will want to come back another time and perhaps tell here friends.

Hth's x

Latest posts

Back