What do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody2412

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of different things when it comes to maintaining/re-fitting micro ring extensions.

I've heard:
Some extensionists push the rings up at around 6-7 weeks then remove after 3-4 months if the hair is at the end of it's life.

Some push up at 6-7 Wks, 12-13 Wks and then refit new hair. Or remove the hair completely & re fit if it's good quality.

Some do a rotation method where they move extensions and replace

What do you do and WHY?

I carry out maintenance every 4-6 weeks for 3 months max (repositioning, replacing, separating extensions)

After 3 months I remove all extensions and trim natural hair and refit extensions the next day. I tend to do a lot of removals at night and refit the next day. It gives the client time to wash their hair/scalp really well.

I never let anyone go longer than the 12weeks before removing . For me I can maintain in all the ways you describe . It depends on the client . With fine hair I never lift up and usually remove and refit around 8 weeks .
Some clients need no maintenance at all within the time frame .
Others for various reasons require moving up or top ups in between .
Some clients like to wear their hair until it's come to end of it time and go for all new and others like a rotation adding new packs of hair every three months for thickness or for financial reasons x

I never let anyone go longer than the 12weeks before removing . For me I can maintain in all the ways you describe . It depends on the client . With fine hair I never lift up and usually remove and refit around 8 weeks .
Some clients need no maintenance at all within the time frame .
Others for various reasons require moving up or top ups in between .
Some clients like to wear their hair until it's come to end of it time and go for all new and others like a rotation adding new packs of hair every three months for thickness or for financial reasons x

Can you explain rotation I think I get it but I'm not sure. When I trained a few years ago the only advice you were given was a push up 😱

I advise maintenance appointments at around 6 weeks and I push up any that need it and check for matting, and re-fit at around 12 weeks with new rings x

I advise maintenance appointments at around 6 weeks and I push up any that need it and check for matting, and re-fit at around 12 weeks with new rings x

This is what I do too :) x

I only use rotation on nano rings. Where I pretty much refit the back and tidy up the sides, then next maintenance app I refit the sides and tidy up the back, etc

Thank you for clearing the rotation up x

I only use rotation on nano rings. Where I pretty much refit the back and tidy up the sides, then next maintenance app I refit the sides and tidy up the back, etc
Hi can u explain what you do when you 'tidy up' please with nano rings??

Hi can u explain what you do when you 'tidy up' please with nano rings??

The quoted poster has been absent from the site since January of this year, so if you still need an answer to the question, please re-post it to a new thread in the Hair forum.

Latest posts

Back