What do you look for when assessing damage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bexnorm

Reaction score
So I'm getting fed up with clients trying to pull the wool over my eyes with "I've no idea how my polish chipped, I just looked down and it was gone" so I've always asked for pictures anyway but what do you all look for as signs of stress damage when assessing repair work? I've just started doing nails so trying to be as nice with new clients as possible but don't want to start with them thinking they can get away with not looking after their nails.

I've refused free repairs now and put in my aftercare card that all repairs are chargeable. But want to make sure i don't accuse people of not looking after their nails if they have genuinely have been and get off on the wrong foot that way.

Please help!

If it's more than a couple days after like 2-3. No way on repairs because you have no idea what they have been doing.

Have you tried giving them an after care sheet.

If it's more than a couple days after like 2-3. No way on repairs because you have no idea what they have been doing.

Have you tried giving them an after care sheet.

Thank you for replying!

Yes I give them an aftercare card with tons of info on at their first appointment with me. (All clients are new clients at the moment!) Even on the card it says All repairs are chargeable. Some people are getting them 1 day to 2 days afterwards. The last one from the weekend had sent me a pic of her thumb with a chip in but it had a crack going from the chip as well so I thought that might be a sign of stress to the nail? Then miraculously an hour or so later I got another pic with half the polish missing. So my instant thought was she picked it off. I feel awkward accusing someone though as I'm still really new to this industry. But at the same time I don't want people to try and take advantage and get free repairs when they aren't going to look after their nails in the first place.

I've also had a few people mention lifting at their thumbs, but thought this could be due to undercuring? Possibly their position in the lamp?

Def could be the position in the lamp. Thumbs are tricky!

Latest posts

Back