What do you think of this table??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334702947.600717.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334702947.600717.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 140
Hi hun

I also use a gelert table (not sure if same as other link as cant open it lol) when mobile. Its really light, legs fold under table top and has a great carry handle attached to one side. Bought mine from robert dyas too.

Hth x x x

I use a tv table I got from Dunelm Mill (if you have one near you) I've seen them in The Range too - about £8 - could prob get online! Just the right height for dining chairs!

I use exactly the same table, it is small, but enough, I have most of my stuff in a case by my side, so I keep on the table only what I need at the moment. It is not heavy, fits in my mobile suitcase, it is stable - I do not trust all those aluminium furniture. Works for me just fine :)

Thanks so much to everyong for your input, definitely good a few fab ideas now :biggrin:

The next question is..lighting?? Does anybody take a lamp? I'm so particular and hate turning up somewhere with rubbish lighting! I have a clip on lamp I use for tanning but would love something similar! xx

Thanks so much to everyong for your input, definitely good a few fab ideas now :biggrin:

The next question is..lighting?? Does anybody take a lamp? I'm so particular and hate turning up somewhere with rubbish lighting! I have a clip on lamp I use for tanning but would love something similar! xx

The best lamp you can get for this work is a Daylight lamp. It's portable, sturdy, gives a good clear light using a bulb which mimics natural daylight and doesn't strain your eyes no matter how much you use it. It also doesn't heat up unlike other lamps, esp desk lamps. If you have a lamp which heats up, if you do acrylics they will set too quickly and if you do gels they will run into the cuticles.

I've had my lamp about 6 years and am still on the first bulb. I think I got mine from Ellisons but have seen it at places like Hobbycraft for close work etc.

hth x

I'm with blossom.
I also use a dalight lamp with clamp, with 11W bulb. Mine is similar to this:
daylight-lamp1.jpg

I cannot imagine working without strong light, I usually keep the lamp close to the hands - it does not generate heat, so I can keep it really close. I need to see every detail, without straining my eyes. And it works great for pedicures, arm is long and flexible, lamp fits in a bag nice.

Latest posts

Back