What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piercednige

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I manage a salon full time which is 20 miles away from where i live. It is in my contract that I shouldn't be doing clients outside the salon (even though very one does).
I've been thinking about doing a bit of mobile work around where I live. I already have insurance as I needed it for a charity event I did and already have enough colour to see me through first starting up.
I won't b in any direct competition with my salon and I will not be taking any of my clients from the salon either.
Would you see this as ok for me to do? Or do you think I should think again?
I won't b doing a huge amount of mobile I'd probably keep it to one of my days off and maybe an evening too.

Are you thinking about advertising or just word of mouth?

Just word of mouth. Thought it would be better not to advertise. I've always done my close friends hair. And used to draw the line at friends of friends. So I know I could get a good client base up pretty quick An would help me have a bit more cash to save etc.

Dunno!! We all do it though!!

Why don't you be honest and ask your employer? Perhaps offer them a contract stating that you won't work within 15 miles of the salon and will not talk about your mobile business in the salon or advertising in the area or same places as them.
Better to be honest then to potentially be caught out xx

Dunno!! We all do it though!!

Thanks :) made my mind up. Looks like I'll be venturing a bit more into the mobile world.

Would your boss be completely against it??

My old boss was completely fine about it and preferred us to be honest about it as i had no intention of poaching and ran a rather busy column,

Why don't you be honest and ask your employer? Perhaps offer them a contract stating that you won't work within 15 miles of the salon and will not talk about your mobile business in the salon or advertising in the area or same places as them.
Better to be honest then to potentially be caught out xx

Another good point. My company doesn't do any local advertising, we do a lot of national in magazines so I won't b advertising in the same place. And deffinately won't talk about it in work. That can open up
A whole new can of worms wouldn't it!!

I do it, well not any more as I couldn't be bothered with paying for insurance etc, but when I did my boss was happy and even let me buy the odd tube of colour at cost x never know if you don't ask xx

Where are you by the way?

Would your boss be completely against it??

My old boss was completely fine about it and preferred us to be honest about it as i had no intention of poaching and ran a rather busy column,

The company itself would. My regional manager does the same as Wat I'll
B doing. I suppose what they don't know can't hurt them?

The company itself would. My regional manager does the same as Wat I'll
B doing. I suppose what they don't know can't hurt them?

Famous last words..

I do it, well not any more as I couldn't be bothered with paying for insurance etc, but when I did my boss was happy and even let me buy the odd tube of colour at cost x never know if you don't ask xx

Mine too

Well if manager doing it crack on!
Good luck

I'll a word with my regional manager and let her know just to keep myself safer :)

I'll a word with my regional manager and let her know just to keep myself safer :)

Do you work for Regis by any chance! Just a Wild guess, sounds like when i worked for them xx

Do you work for Regis by any chance! Just a Wild guess, sounds like when i worked for them xx

When did you leave? What was your area? X

I do work for Regis. Been with them 5 years now

Latest posts

Back