What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trained at Regis. They are pretty strict about their contracts

I trained at Regis. They are pretty strict about their contracts

Yep. Hence y I wouldn't b doin any direct marketing in my area

Yep. Hence y I wouldn't b doin any direct marketing in my area

I trained with Regis Trafford I actually did a few odd days at the one in Bolton many moons ago. Who's your regional is it Julie? Mine was Keren xx

I trained with Regis Trafford I actually did a few odd days at the one in Bolton many moons ago. Who's your regional is it Julie? Mine was Keren xx

Sandland?

No, I've never had Julie my regional is Lorraine (she's been with the company 4 years so dunno if u Wud kno her)

I used to work for Regis (Liverpool) many many moons ago! Ah those where the days ...

Ugh... Contracts! I always refused to sign those foolish things! I'd never sign one, nor would I expect my employees to sign one... I know stylists who have been hauled into courts over contracts, they never stand up. You can't take away a persons right to work in their profession. Ridiculous! Get your mobile on if that's what you wish to do!

Ugh... Contracts! I always refused to sign those foolish things! I'd never sign one, nor would I expect my employees to sign one... I know stylists who have been hauled into courts over contracts, they never stand up. You can't take away a persons right to work in their profession. Ridiculous! Get your mobile on if that's what you wish to do!

Employment law is quite different here in the UK and usually employees benefit hugely from having written contracts covering pay, holiday entitlement etc.

Stylists must by law, be paid a minimum wage over here and don't have to rely on tips to earn our wages plus employees are entitled to around 20 days holiday a year.

Equally, staff who ignore certain restrictive terms in their contract (inc. mobile working) can be successfully sued by their employers, so it is vital that both parties ensure they understand what they are agreeing to when they sign a contract of employment.

If it were me i would go to your regional manage, as they really cant comment if they are doing it themselves . You might be pleasantly surprised , my boss is really fine with it, i was honest from the start , i even have bought colours at cost price also , and lent things for weddings etc . She doesnt bat an eyelid . HTH :) xx

Latest posts

Back