What do you use to achieve this hair colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilymay

Reaction score
Hi, I would love to see recommendations if possible to achieve a copper brown hair. Picture below.
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/804/705/444/444705804_147.jpg

I have dark blonde hair/gone a bit gingery/yellow looking from the sun and were its faded as I haven't coloured my hair for 3 months! I would like to stick with a level 7 or 8 and use a semi-permanent possibly? Just because i'm worried that I went a 6 once and it really drained me out - though if mixing with other colours it maybe ok?. I'm naturally a light mousey also.

I was thinking pre-pig with affinage in copper and then wella colour touch 8/73? But i'm not familiar with wella and i have just been reading reviews/researching on it and looking at the colour chart. Products I use on clients are goldwell and I have not yet found a nice copper brown strand testing so wondering if to try some different colour line. If a client came to me and wanted this colour I would panic!!!:rolleyes:

Does anyone love this colour like me and has achieved it before?

Schwarpzkopf is what I use for my more vibrant tones such as reds, violets & coppers. And they're copper colours are great, you should have a look at their shade chart and see if you can whip something up through that, I would maybe use a tube of 7/77 in with a quarter of a base 7. It's lovely :)

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

I think 7/73 in koleston perfect is lovely 😊 x

Thanks guys :) I will definetly look at clynol and Schwarzkopf colour charts first but think I may go with the wella 7/73 with a bit of copper mixed in in semi though or not sure if to go with koleston? Does anyone know how long the wella semis last for roughly if I know it's bad but I wash my hair everyday! Think it would probably only last me 2 weeks? X

Is your hair porous ATM? X

Not really bad roots mid lengths are soft but the ends are a bit x

You should be ok to go straight in with koleston then just have a little trim
I have used 7/73 in ct and wasn't as intense x

What about CT 6/47 ?

Just curious if you did it and if you could post a pic!

I am doing it tomorrow so hopefully I will upload a picture before and after tomorrow! Excited! Feels ages ago since I coloured my hair! I even miss the smell of the colour when mixing x

I am doing it tomorrow so hopefully I will upload a picture before and after tomorrow! Excited! Feels ages ago since I coloured my hair! I even miss the smell of the colour when mixing x

Yes post a pic and it is exciting when you change your hair colour hehe x

After

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Roots = Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I don't think the 1st pic shows the colour that much but the roots mid-lengths really happy with the ends I personally think look a bit dull/dark but this always happens to me whatever I do! I did pre pig with copper first however I went straight for the 7/73 all over with no added copper which Im wondering I should of done but wasn't sure what to get. I also had a lot cut of about 5 weeks before it was coloured. But overall I think im happy with it but next time I think add something to it but not sure what yet?

Looks lovely but I defo would of added some copper mix just to get some more copper tone in there but it looks alot better as long as your happy with it 😊 x

Latest posts

Back