What do you wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
I am a mobile and Home based therapist, mostly offering nails and waxing. I tend to find myself swapping from a tunic and work trousers to jeans and a smart top. What do you Ladies wear?
I’m finding getting the right balance hard, especially as all my clients treat me as a close friend or family member. And a lot are surprised when I am in uniform, as they are usually in very casual clothes.

I think it is really important to wear a beauty uniform when working from home - it dispels the idea that you are doing it as a hobby.
You can choose an appropriate colour though to co-ordinate with your treatment room colour scheme.

White is probably not one to go for as it does come over as quite clinical.

I wear black trousers and a burgundy tunic from Simon Jersey. Easy to wash and no ironing!
Previously, I had a brown linen tunic and matching trousers from Diamond designs. My room is all wood, brown & beige with orange accents.

Your clients will come casually dressed but they are the paying customer, you are the professional providing a top notch service.
Don't dress to match your clients, keep the business boundaries , even with family.

I work from home and have worn whites since day one about 12 years ago. I know my clients like it, all new clients always comment on it and I like the fact that my brain knows whites=work - I find it hard to switch off working from home.

I prefer white as the dust doesn't show :D

Thank you ladies! Xx

It's whites for me too. I would never visit a therapist that didn't wear a uniform, I find it sends out an unprofessional message about your quality of work and hygiene standards, regardless of how good you are. I have had clients comment that they've been to salons where the therapists were not wearing uniforms and they found it off putting. Never drop your standards, how your clients dress should have no bearing on your professional attire, most clients arrive at spas or salons in lounge wear. I'm also incredibly proud to wear my uniform even after 30 years, when I stand in my mirror and pin my badge and fob to my tunic before I leave the house it still gives me the same warm glow I had as a young woman putting on my first white dress!

I totally agree with the other Geeks..... how you present yourself is a reflection on your business and your standards. In some ways I think this is even more important when you're mobile / home based. As Trinity says, the minute you put your uniform on, you know you're in work (professional) mode. I'm based in the Canaries so it's hot year round and roasting in Summer, so it's tunic in Winter and branded up T-shirts, vests, and shorts for Summer, that match my brand colours.

I work from home mainly doing massage and reflexology. I wear black trousers with a tunic for massage and black or white tshirts for other treatments as I find it more comfortable.

Thank you all x

Latest posts

Back