what extra do you get for the extra price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissConfused

Reaction score
heylo

i have been debating with myself over courses for manis and pedis and all i'm getting on nail searches is cnd are the people for extension training and carlton institute (the only other trainer i'm considering) leave much to be desired in their extension training and a whole lot of cattyness as of course everybody has their own views. but what about just your standard manis and pedis?

i've searched through 8 pages of posts and still haven't got an answer :\ i have done level1 beauty therapy and some of level2 before leaving when i found out i was pregnant and we did cover mini manicure and without offending anybody because i'm really not like that is a mini much different from a full manicure?

i'm confused as to why the cnd course is so expensive compared to the carlton course, why is that? what extra do cnd teach you/show you to justify the extra cost? is it the theory side of things? as of course it is a huge difference in price. or are you just paying for the use of the brand name? as from what i have read it is a big, well loved respected brand int he nail world with loyal users.

if somebody could please answer any of my questions i would be forever greatful because i'm searching and searching and just not finding any simple, straight forward answers! thank you in advance. x

no replies and no pms? golly :\ if nail professionals don't know then god help us who aren't but want to learn haha x

I can answer for both sides.
I did my original training with the carlton in windsor and the course was not worth the £1500 i paid for it, we did mani and pedi in 1 day and that was to learn everything.
I have since gone on and trained with Cnd and just did the Spa manicure and spa pedicure as I am currently doing my masters with them.
The extra price is because of high end products, much more in depth training, and because there is sooooooooo much more to a spa mani and pedi than the basic that Carlton teach you.
A spa Mani and pedi is just that what you would expect from a spa, cuticle work, filing, soak, scrub, masque, massage and color.
more in depth and leaves the client feeling pampered and relaxed.
Also the products are out of this world.
Carlton used generic basic brand products that anyone could get on the high street, Clients cant buy CND products off the high street.
Spend that little extra and get a much more wealth of knowledge and product expertise (and someone on the end of the phone if you need help and a dvd)than you would by spending a lesser amount with the Carlton Where I never got any aftercare from them at all, took my money and run.
Jen xx

Latest posts

Back