What faults are obvious to clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies to this thread! They are interesting and definately have given me some things to think about!

I guess you do tend to look further into it all if you have a keen interest in nails. But I do think that is a good thing.

I never like to think 'oh that will do', but at the same time being in my position (only passed my foundation course less than a year ago) sometimes you don't know how to correct all your mistakes perfectly straight away, you need to practice and focus on that particular thing until you're getting it perfect every time (i don't mean basic things like sizing & blending tips, i mean things like apex placement & lower arches etc). But you still feel bad incase the client notices this and then gives you a bad name.

I am definately planning on booking on some skill building classes hopefully june or july, i was hoping to do it sooner, but money is not allowing me at the moment!

But you still feel bad incase the client notices this and then gives you a bad name.

This is the exact reason why , after I have checked the nails over and find them in satisfactory condition that I then will turn to the client and ask them if they can find any errors with them.
If they find none, then we both are happy and off to the polishing stage.

i totally agree with the geeks who say they noticed everything about their nails. i actually used to guide the chinese guy who did my nails with L&P about how i wanted them shaped and how he should file them (he used an e-file). i have to say that after 4- 5 times of doing my nails he told me that he had never met anyone in his entire 4 years of doing nails who was sooo fussy and picky, but that he definately felt like i had made him a fantastic tech. to this day i have never found anyone who could do my nails so well, since he left whilst i was havin a break fom my extensions. i have given up on having them done now. i only hope that after my traning i can be as good as him. he was obviously very dexterous with his hands in being able to shape my nails in exactly the way i wanted, as described to him, nail by nail as he did them.

the comments i used to have about my nails were endless when he did them and at least 7 or 8 customers in the shop used to comment on how they wanted their nails like mine on their next visit.

the answer is here i believe: if u have a client who notices everything, they are clearly a perfectionist and if you can satisfy them, they will NEVER leave you for anyone else. others who don't notice the finer details will be swayed by other techs charging less or who are closer by. but its the regulars who keep your business alive and growing.

ps) oh yes to answer the question, i noticed everything about my nails, absolutely everything! but... relax! i don't think such perversion about detail is so common amounst most clients :)

xxx, big kiss

Latest posts

Back