What has happened? L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatherstonRose

Reaction score
I applied L&P to my very very long natural nails yesterday as I read that this would help to keep them strong and repair a split I have in one of them.

Anyway I have woken up today with my fingers throbbing and feeling like someone has bashed them with a brick! I have filed them down so they are thin, so thought to start with it was because of the filing. Is it because they are so long and it is the weight of the L&P maybe?

I feel like I need to get it off quickly to stop the pain!!!

Any ideas would be greatfully received!! :)

P.S I have done acrylics a few times on others and they have been fine!?

It could be that when you applied the L&P your mix ratio was too wet and caused excessive shrinkage now it is fully cured. Is it a tight feeling on your nails ?

It could be that when you applied the L&P your mix ratio was too wet and caused excessive shrinkage now it is fully cured. Is it a tight feeling on your nails ?

Hi Izzidoll,

Yes I think you are right it does feel tight. I did them the same as the other friends nails, but maybe because mine are natural and very very long I can feel it more?!

Think I need some help with the mix ratio!! :o

Most new techs work too wet...because you can! It seems easier and the product still moves with your brush albeit you have to be fast to keep it under control.
Make sure you look at your bead as it is forming and if it is too wet, dip back in to the powder and pick up more until it is right. It will save you from many problems down the line.

Most new techs work too wet...because you can! It seems easier and the product still moves with your brush albeit you have to be fast to keep it under control.
Make sure you look at your bead as it is forming and if it is too wet, dip back in to the powder and pick up more until it is right. It will save you from many problems down the line.

I think I have learnt the hard way, only had two and a half hours sleep because of it!!!LOL

Problem is the nail trainer never complains!!!:irked:

Latest posts

Back