What has happened to my nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slm1234uk

Reaction score
Hi. Have been using The Gel Bottle Builder in a Bottle for last nine months and been infilling. When doing my nails Friday my fore finger felt loose and it completely lifted away and my nail underneath looked like it had been eaten away! Can anyone tell me if it is ok to put another extension on, it isn't painful.

Attachments

• 20190602_180358.jpg
    20190602_180358.jpg
    847.2 KB · Views: 67
This nail looks rather damaged. Perhaps another extension is not a good idea at this stage and give your nails break? How are your other nails looking in comparison to this one? Or have you not seen underneath them due to doing fills each time? If so, I would suggest only doing fills a few times, before doing a full removal and reapplication. This way, you get to see the condition of your nails and can pick up any conditions or issues which may arise, which you may not be aware of should you continuously do infills. Perhaps if you soak all your nails off, a good nail treatment or a break from gel for a while to give your nails a chance to recover. Take into consideration things such as natural sunlight, oxygen, all contribute to well conditioned nails. Best of luck

No I haven't seen underneath the rest of the nails. I will soak off completely next time and see what is going on with the rest, hopefully it is just this one. The Gel Bottle say to infill BIAB rather than soak off!

Latest posts

Back