What is a re balance???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi,,, can someone tell me what a rebalance is?? if my free edge is growing is it when ill apply a white l&p to cover the growth???:!::irked:

A rebalance is when you replace the white and rebalance the whole nail including the growth area at zone 3 (cuticle end), the apex etc....

It's called an infill when you just cover the growth

HTHs xx

thank you.. so would you not recommend spraying a white tip on then?

hi,,, can someone tell me what a re balance is?? if my free edge is growing is it when ill apply a white l&p to cover the growth???:!::irked:
Hiya hunny,
a re-balance is exactly how it sounds hun,

When you originally create a nail enhancement, you create the perfect balance to maintain strength and make it pleasing to the eye,...
As time go's on this balance is all moved towards the free edge, and the balance is off,
as well as looking tatty at this stage, the nail enhancements also become weaker as the apex is now in the wrong place making the nail top heavy,
Lifting and breakages are much more likely...

A re-balance is used to place the apex etc back to its original point, where it needs to be.

Take a look at Gigi's tutorial Hun this will explain too xxxxxxxxx

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/14905-forever-french-rebalance.html

thank you.. so would you not recommend spraying a white tip on then?

Different nail tech's have different ways of doing things. Some prefer to use one colour L&P and then spray or paint on the white/french polish, some prefer to just use a white tip and some prefer to use both pink L&P and white L&P

Are you a nail tech, in training, or just wanting to know in regards to your own enhancements? xx

im in training ,,,:confused:and as my nail tech has always sprayed or painted it on when she does mine... just didnt know what was right or wrong or from what you have said its the nail tec choice!!!thank you very very much xxxx:lol:xxx

If you use a white tip with clear powder what do you do when you need to rebalance if you dont spray paint?? x

If you use a white tip with clear powder what do you do when you need to rebalance if you dont spray paint?? x

Again, it's the nail tech's choice. Some soak the tip off and put another white tip on (and basically start again), some paint/spray the white tip on and others then replace part of the clear L&P with white L&P for the tip

HTHs xx

Latest posts

Back