What is going on??? - Ebay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet-Nails

Reaction score
OK now i've brought and sold on ebay for a few years now, and got some good bargains and sold lots of stuff i don't want or use.

I have sold some Creative Stuff on there before i got "educated" by Mrs Geek (thankyou).

What the hell is going on now tho.....

Just browsed through ebay and OMG you could buy half the one stop on there!! Retention+ coming out of your ears.... powders..... Retention+ kits everywhere and even a SpaManicure starter kit!!

The polish and solar oil etc that you normally retail fair enough, but the Retention etc....!

Could CND/Designer nails not make it part of the course, that once you qualify if you sell on products like Retention to non trained individuals you can have your certificate taken away or your insurance becomes void?

Sorry for the moan but just amazed at how much stuff is on the UK site!

That's actually a really good idea!! We are meeting about this, this week! Can you tell if the sellers are here in the UK or else where?? I have never bought or sold on ebay - just sent a few replies in the past to people selling ;)

Mrs Geek said:
That's actually a really good idea!! We are meeting about this, this week! Can you tell if the sellers are here in the UK or else where?? I have never bought or sold on ebay - just sent a few replies in the past to people selling ;)
Hi Mrs Geek,

Erm i was one of those you sent a reply to!! More education needed i think, i sold not because i wanted to make a profit but as i had bits i knew i wasn't going to use!

When you go into the item, it says where the seller is registered ie uk etc and also usually gives the town they are in also.

I've reported one to ebay complaints that was selling a Retention+ kit as it was on for 3 times the price we purchase for and i did the complaint as selling illegal goods (as it says we are not allowed to supply members of the public!) must have worked as it got removed!!

Also you can request sellers details on any auction!

HTH

If you view the item, a little way down the seller will have listed their location so that should give you a fair idea. Having said that most sellers wouldn't suspect any 'detective work' so would more than likely give out additional info via e-mail. Just make sure the mail address you use doesn't tell them too much about who you are, eg Creative Sales Dept etc.

I have put Creative in as one of my favourite searches and I get an e-mail notification when new items are listed - I cannot keep up with the amount of stuff on there that should only be in "Professional" hands.

I like the idea of revoking certs etc. LOL.

Planet-Nails said:
Hi Mrs Geek, Erm i was one of those you sent a reply to!! HTH
Yikes Taz - hope I wasn't too rough on you!! :eek: :o

Thanks for the help but even knowing all this, would it not be a full time job to deal with??? We will see what has to be said! Would we be able to go to ebay and request that due to the nature of certain goods - they can legally be sold - I just don't know! We are directly responsible for the safety on which our goods are dispatched - they have to be packaged and labeled certain ways etc or we can get into big trouble - all nail companies should be the same - hazardous goods are particularly important - I am thinking this is where we may be able to cause problems for our ebay sellers!

You go and get em Samantha...........stick a huge Flamable sticker on your email to them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I can help, give me a shout !!!!!!!

It's not a problem just for CND, I have seen training manuals for MAC makeup and others too. How much is being bought by people who dont actually know what they are doing? As say this becuase you would have to know what retention+ is before you could buy it.

I know some girls have been emailed and had it suggested that the geek site is a better selling place so there is already a heavy amount of policing going on.

Cathy

i find this thread very interesting......as you all know i have been trying to sell my nail items on here for the last few weeks....i have sold quite a bit now but i do still have a lot left to go so ebay seemed the only option i have to get rid of it all.....BUT.....i really dont want to go down that road any more though for a few reasons....

1/ i am selling my nail items to recoup as much of the money i have spent as i can but i now find ebay fees are ridiculously high so a lot of what i would make on an item will go to ebay instead of me which i really grudge

2/ its true what taz says about the amount of nail items including creative being sold on ebay at the moment but apart from a few items that reach a high price i find that a lot of it now gets sold for next to nothing as the items dont seem to be getting the bids that they used to which could mean that true nail techs are body swerving buying from there and it is only untrained people who are buying the majority of stuff now which is also putting me off selling on there

as i said in a recent post i myself am not creative trained but i spent a small fortune on creative products which i could not buy myself and i did pay well over the odds for them which i do regret now :|

i do think there will be a lot of red faces when people read this thread too because i could make a list the length of my arm of nail geeks who sell creative items on ebay (please dont take offence at this as i am just talking in general i am not pinpointing anyone in particular) but like myself if they cant get rid of their items on here what other option is there

anyway my days of buying nail items, especially from ebay are well over and if i do eventually have to sell some nail items on there then once they go thats it, i certainly wont entertain ebay and their ridiculous fees any more :mad:

basically what i am trying to say is if i cant sell my nail items on here or anywhere else what else am i supposed to do with them?....if anyone knows of a good place to sell then please let me know

stanleyann

Samantha here an exampe Item number: 5520429032
CREATIVE NAIL RETENTION STARTER KIT *BRAND NEW IN BOX *
Item location: BASILDON ESSEX
United Kingdom

Post to: United Kingdom only
Seller : professionalnails
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TRY ONE OF THE WORLDS LEADING NAIL EXTENSION COMPANY PRODUCTS, NORMALLY ONLY FOR SALE TO CREATIVE TRAINED NAIL TECHNICIANS

Something needs doing about these people :rolleyes:

Mrs Geek said:

Thanks for the help but even knowing all this, would it not be a full time job to deal with??? We will see what has to be said! Would we be able to go to ebay and request that due to the nature of certain goods - they can legally be sold - I just don't know! We are directly responsible for the safety on which our goods are dispatched - they have to be packaged and labeled certain ways etc or we can get into big trouble - all nail companies should be the same - hazardous goods are particularly important - I am thinking this is where we may be able to cause problems for our ebay sellers!

Thats it Sam! my new job could be Ebay Watchdog for Designer Nails!!!! I'll need a company car, a mobile phone and an expenses account! :lol: J xx

Jo Jo said:
Thats it Sam! my new job could be Ebay Watchdog for Designer Nails!!!! I'll need a company car, a mobile phone and an expenses account! :lol: J xx
Erm Jo it was my idea and i won't settle for less than a company helicoptor with Creative/Designer Nails logo on it!! lol

Mrs Geek said:

No Mrs Geek not at all!!

The points you made, i don't remember being said during training! IE that you are not ment to sell products to untrained Creative techs. After all the talk about retailing to clients etc this can easily be confused with what you can and should'nt sell. This needs to be emphasised and as i suggested before a consequence if it happens.

Once pointed out, i now feel differently about selling stuff on but as Stanley Ann says if you have stuff your not going to use what do you do with it if no one on the geek site wants it??

The main part that made me sit up and take notice was that the email Mrs Geek sent came from designer nails. Surely if emails were sent to ebayers from designer nails explaining that selling certain items were prohibited and could result in there CND?Designer nails account and certificate being suspended this might make people think. It could start educating people???

I still spend a majority of time on ebay and will continue to do so, i don't mind emailing or doing the research finding these people but i still feel strongly that the email should come from a designer nails address to be taken seriously.

Just my thoughts

If you 'ask the seller a question' when they reply you've got their email address...if designer nails have a record of customer email addresses they could cross reference....and hey presto slapped hand !!

Amb x

Trouble is, whether it annoys you or not you wont be able to stop it or control it. What's to say they wouldn't advertise on Freeads or something like that? There are probably other forums too they could sell it on.

If someone is going to make money they will, no matter how they go about it, whether it be honest or corrupt, they don't care.

Don't forget there will be genuine CND techs wanting to buy stuff on ebay because sometimes it's a lot cheaper and they will get a bargain.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Trouble is, whether it annoys you or not you wont be able to stop it or control it. What's to say they wouldn't advertise on Freeads or something like that? There are probably other forums too they could sell it on.

If someone is going to make money they will, no matter how they go about it, whether it be honest or corrupt, they don't care.

Don't forget there will be genuine CND techs wanting to buy stuff on ebay because sometimes it's a lot cheaper and they will get a bargain.

Deb379
Hi Deb, totally agree with you, although it can seem frustrating there will be plenty of methods around selling something. I actually have purchased nail art stuff on ebay because some things are cheaper and hold my hands up to selling some of my star nails acrylic on there because i know i wont use it and what else can i really do with it? Although i do not use CND and am not trained with them i think unfortunately they will sell their items whether or not it is on ebay x

I have bought stuff on Ebay - but never Liquid and Powder. As has been said, you cannot rely on the quality of the stuff you are buying.

Also can you live with yourself if some of the white powder leaks out of an inappropriate envelope and causes the Royal Mail to come to a standstill - would be notice LOL.

In saying that, even some of the big companies send out Nail Varnishes in an envelope through normal post - 75p postage but they charged me £3.50 oops sorry to digress.

I have e-mailed a couple of people selling Liquid and Powder products and also some of the bidders to ask if they realise that they can't use the powder without the appropriate liquid etc. Did I get a reply - well what do you think LOL.

The only thing I haven't found on ebay is Bio Sculpture Gel products? Anyone know why.

Deb379

You read my mind JoJo I was thinking the same thing!!! My colleagues in my day job say I should work for the police sometimes and not a criminal defence lawyers lol :lol:

There is also a brisa kit for sale on ebay and also tin a seperate auction the brisa lamp.

I have recent postings about this subject also, it is very frustrating to see professional products on ebay that any Tom Dick or Harry can buy. I also am a regular ebay watch, buyer, seller and have to agree that the number of creative products has risen alot in the past few months. It seems to be the same sellers sam9870-2 and deebikerbabe to name a few. Mrs Geek do a search on these names and you will see how much these have to sell of Creative. I have reported these to ebay, its just a big pain in the bum that you have to do this through ebay complaints proceedure and you'll never get to speak to anyone over the telephone from ebay.

Latest posts

Back